• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First PCP Buy, Need Package Recommendations

Greetings, about to purchase my first PCP rifle and would like to literally place a single order for absolutely everything I need to start shooting (with the exception of a tank fill). 
I'm strongly leaning toward:
  • FX Wildcat .25
  • Atlas Bipod
  •  Hawke Sidewinder Tac 8.5x25x42 Mil Dot
  • FX No Limit 30MM rings
  •  2 FX Barrel Extensions (quiet is important) 
  • JSB 25.4gn Pellets
  •  Omega 12 cu/ft carbon fiber tank w/ hose
  • 1 extra mag
  • Cleaning kit
I see the Wildcat is available with a weaver mount upgrade, any real advantage?
Am I missing anything? Will the connector on the Omega hose work directly with the Wildcat or is an adaptor needed? Will the bipod mount directly to the Wildcat or is an adaptor needed? Any suggestions on tweaks to my list?
I see that AOA is a supporter to this site, does it make sense to purchase the complete package through them or are better deals to be found?
When buying everything above, would a vendor offer an additional discount? 
Again, I would like to place a single order, have the tank filled, mount the accessories, charge the gun and shoot.

Thanks
John

John,
The only thing I would suggest different is getting a larger tank. The smaller tank may only last you a shooting session where the larger tank may last several. Make sure you have a fill center near by or you will be looking at a compressor as well. There may be shipping regulations where the tank has to be delivered empty. Check with your vendor. AOA is very helpful and will make sure you don't miss anything. AOA is the main distributor for FX and it would be where I would buy but others have had good luck with the other vendors.
Before you "pull the trigger" on the Wildcat be sure you know what your purpose is for the rifle. If you plan on doing any benchrest you might be better suited with a Bobcat or Verminator. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these rifles. As 30cal says, "Welcome to the darkside!" LOL

Doc

PS. you don't need a cleaning kit. Just some patches, bit of yarn, cleaner of your choice but beware of cleaners that brake down O-rings. I use Ballistol. And a rag to wipe the exterior down with. Tie a damp patch with the yarn and two dry ones after. Suck to pull end through from the breech by putting a vacuum hose on the muzzle then pull it through. If you get the Wildcat only clean the barrel when your groups start to open up. NEVER use a cleaning brush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO7Qh43IcjM

How far of a drive is it to get your air?

I'm agreeing with everyone else on the 12 foot being less than optimal. I was thinking about the 18 Guppy when I started but was encouraged to go with the 71 cu ft Tiger Shark @ 4500. Looking back, I wish I got the 97.

I'd get a few more tins of different pellets. Definitely a tin of the JSB King Heavy 33.95 and probably a tin of the H&N hunter and hunter extreme. Who knows which will be the magic pellet for your Wildcat. My Daystate .177 Wolverine in hates hunter extremes, but in my Daystate .22 Airwolf MCT its the most accurate pellet short of the domed Exacts.

Some other things to consider
Bullet Trap if you plan to shoot/practice indoors or in a tight yard
gram/grain scale if you plan to sort pellets (probably not worth it unless you go bench shooting)
Regulator if you want to run your gun off the bottle vs refill it (probably not worth it unless you go bench shooting)
Bi Pod is great for the field and moving around but you might want to look into something like a Caldwell Lead Sled if you want to do some accuracy work.
Chronographs are nice if you plan to tweak/tune the gun / experiment with pellets.

Ok, that looks like enough to empty the wallet / extend the credit line further. I've done my part.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, keep them coming. I believe I can buy air about 7 miles away at the shop that fills my welding tank, but will check tomorrow and also check their PSI. The only reasons I through about the smaller tank are 1) lack of storage room. My 3 car garage has a pair of 4-post lifts and I have cars stacked floor to ceiling LOL plus A LOT of tools. The small tank will fit in about the only empty spot I have left in one cabinet. And b) in reality I might (might) go through 500 pellets in the first year then significantly taper off from there. I just don't have a lot of time to shoot with all my other duties and hobbies. I figure the small tank would fill the gun ~5-6 times times ~50 pellets each fill is ~250 pellets per tank, but room is the big driver. Still thinking on that one. 

Thanks again!

You say that now but you have no idea how much fun it is shooting these types of guns. Get one of the bigger tanks, you will thank us later for pushing you to do this. I have the 71 CF Tiger Shark tank and it was great with my .22 Marauder. Lasted a long time. Then came the RAW HM1000x .25 cal. I can use up that tank in one or two sessions. Not kidding! Lucky for me I have a Shoebox Max compressor.

Everything looks solid. As allready mentioned, the tank is too small :) If you have the cash ignore the nay sayers to carbon bottles, you will love it once you forget what you payed for it.

The scope is fine, i have 2 myself, but it looses color and darkens at around 18x and over, but everything in that price range does.

Cleaning kit, just pull a patch or shoot a few cleaning pellets (forgot the name) through it once in a while.

Finally. You could option to get the Atlas replica at 1/10th the cost if you only use it on airguns. If you get the "good copy" with the proper QD it will work fine. I have just recieved 2 myself and they seem ok. I do use a real atlas on my big powder burners, and it IS better, but also alot more expensive.
(http://www.new-greenbase.com/list.asp?id=6076)

Welcome to the pcp club.

Being a "wildcat" myself :) , I would have said much of what has already been mentioned. 
- Spinner targets but, it sounds like you probably already have a setup. 
- JSB king heavies in addition to the 25g you already mentioned
- Make sure your no limits will fit onto the picatinny rail. I haven't heard that the picatinny no limit mounts are out yet. I'd say there are a few advantages for picatinny over dovetail. Nothing that's a make or break issue, though.
- I agree with others about the cleaning kit. (fishing line and patches for me)
- Make sure you have what you need for the fill probe to work with your air supply setup. Usually a $3-5 fitting if it's needed at all. 
- Consider a scope level (especially if you intend to shoot longer ranges). I like the one by Vortex. You can't always trust the ones that clamp to the guns rail to be accurate without modification. 
- Personally, I'd stick with a genuine Atlas bipod. 
- You'll need a picatinny rail for the stock. AoA can install it for you, if you'd like.
- Check with your retailer to see if they have any pellet deals. (buy 4 get one free)
- Gun case for traveling/storage
- Butler creek scope caps, if you like those. Otherwise the Hawke scope should come with some nice metal ones.
Again, lots of really great suggestions above. I'd only be repeating them at this point. 
Welcome to PCP's! I really hope you enjoy! :)
Happy Shooting,
Tom

Gotcha on the tank size. $$ doesn't move my needle on a CF tank. Several years ago I went into "life-time buy mode" LOL I want to buy something, have zero regrets and have it be the last one of its kind I purchase. 
All my spinner targets have bushy tails or feathers. LOL but thanks for the suggestion.
Confused on the picatinny rail. The Wildcat doesn't have them, right? Or did I miss something. I have PRs on a dozen or so ARs. Larues, and other rifles, but didn't think the Wildcat had them. 
Gotcha on the cleaning tips, thanks... 
I've got Butler Creek caps on a few guns, may or may not put them on this, thanks for the reminder.
What exactly does the Wildcat have or need to fill it? Exact details are greatly appreciated. I'll make sure I pick it up. 

Take care, and thank you all for the warm welcome, looking forward to this next adventure!