• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First PCP: BSA R10 SE and compressor. Anything else I need to consider?

Since I haven’t use the compressor, I can’t answer all your questions but I think the safest way is to have your tanks filled at a dive shop which I don’t have around where I live. But I’ve had a little concern also if I got any moisture in my guns. So I just try to be better at filling them. I have a dehumidifier I put in my bedroom and run for at least a few hours before I fill it up. I think it’s probably hard to keep every single bit of moisture out but you can greatly reduce it though. There’s more experienced People on here that could probably answer your questions better. I’ve heard people that were real concerned take their Fill port out and inspect the inside of the air cylinder. Sometimes they would find corrosion even if they were careful and some people said they use nothing but a hand pump with no filter and didn’t find any corrosion. So the best thing to do is I guess just be as careful as you can and if you are really Worried about it ,Take a look inside the gun in the near future.

Yeh...Lots of updates.....

The regulator on the BSA was junk. I replaced it with a Huma reg and the chrono numbers are good now.

As far as accuracy goes, I just couldn't shoot the gun better than 0.75" average at 50Y (I've tried all settings and pellets you can imagine). The accuracy is half decent at 30/40 yards (around 0.4"). Now I only use the BSA for backyard plinking.

A few weeks ago I bough an FX Dream Tac in 0.22

The FX is a superbly accurate gun. It shoots in the 0.2s at 30Y and in 0.4s at 50Y. That is right out of the box with no mods.

For a similar price, the FX is a much better gun in every aspects compared to the BSA.

Another update is that my compressor stopped pumping air and it's back to customer service. I've purchased a hand pump that I'm using while waiting for the compressor to come back. 

Here's the FX.....what a nice rifle!

Maybe you should have checked out the classifies , I posted my BSA R10 MK2 .22 for sale a couple of weeks ago , Huma reg installed shoots dime sized holes at 50 + yards shooting 15G JSB at around 890 fps guns like new probably just broken In

1aq 1.1611011741.jpg
1aq 3.1611011758.jpg
bsa.1611011768.jpg

Hey Kevin.

Recognized your name from the other forum. Happy to hear that your FX is working out and that you found an awesome airgun forum to find some more guys that are into airguns.

Really just wanted to welcome you to the forums.

Thanks for the message. Happy to be here. With your last post on the other forum, I knew there are a lot of things I need to learn about. I'm thinking of things like benefit of FX impact vs Dreamline for shooting pellets (still not clear), and Nitrogen tanks (had no idea they even existed). Those will be subject of future search/posts :)

Just shot the FX and the BSA side by side. 

Distance 31Y with low wind. All groups are 5 shots.

The red circles are 0.5”

For the FX I used JSB 14.35 gr pushed at 840 FPS on power 2. After shooting the target you see (75 shots, I went from 220 bar to 160 bar (the reg is set from factory to 110). The FX has the upgraded 400 CC metal bottle.

For the BSA I shot it’s two favorite pellets. The JSB 13.43 gr at 800 FSP and Bracauda Match 10.65 4.52 at 900FPS. Before anyone asks…No the gun doesn’t really like the JSB 10.34 grs.

It seems that the regulator for the BSA needs to be set at 130 Bar (below that I’ve noticed the accuracy suffers). But at that setting, with the hammer spring all the way back, I can’t get the 10.65 gr to go any slower than 900 FSP. I’ll probably have to do some additional tuning (at some point I’ll create a thread to discuss this specific subject in more details.

Footloose unless you post some consecutive targets (like what I’m posting here), I would not know what you mean when you say your gun shoots dime size holes at 50Y.