• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First PCP Air Rifle Buyer.

Hello in that price range look at Airforce Airguns simple , accurate, and reliable. The do not have all the bells and whistles of a lot of the other guns out there and they are a single shot but they are a really good gun and company to deal with. I had a Talon ss for years and now my friend is shooting it. They will give you everything you need in an airgun Except a fast follow up shot. Hope this helps Eric.

Hello in that price range look at Airforce Airguns simple , accurate, and reliable. The do not have all the bells and whistles of a lot of the other guns out there and they are a single shot but they are a really good gun and company to deal with. I had a Talon ss for years and now my friend is shooting it. They will give you everything you need in an airgun Except a fast follow up shot. Hope this helps Eric.
You heard of Hatsan rifles? They any good either?

I had Hatsans for the 1st couple years into PCP'S. "Good" is a relative & subjective assessment. They were "good enough" for me to learn what PCP's were all about, to learn how to shoot, service & care for this type of gun & to hunt with them. If I were to do it all over again I'd probably go with something that FEELS better. There are many more options for entry level stuff now than there was 5 years ago. Hatsans are not a subtle gun. Heavy in weight, rough in feel & operation, big bold look & SOMETIMES not so great quality control. I'm glad I learned on them as it taught me to get the most I could from them & myself but I think there are better feeling, shooting guns available now.

Reactions: SonOfStumpy
Hello as Gerry52 stated you are probably better off starting out with a better gun. The ones I have owned have been hit and miss some ok some no so ok. Weather you spend $1 or $1000 you want that money well spent and not with regrets that if I only had waited added a little more to my budget and got what i really wanted. With that said, I know you said you wanted new, and I don't know how the used market is by you, but if you find a reputable sell or deal near you, you may get exactly what you want in a price range that was out of reach if bought new. Well hope this helps Eric.

Reactions: SonOfStumpy