Airgun Technologies First PCP, AGT Vulcan3 or BRK Ghost?

Bud -sc. that is my next round of airguns. All of AGT line up. I think the look awesome and all I hear is that they shoot like tanks
I have a Uragan King in 30cal love that gun!!! It's my 100 yard gun. Where I live the guys at the range I tell them it's a 30cal air rifle they are just blown away 🤯🤯. I am the guy who shoots air rifles at the range there is a woman who shoots there too but she gets there way to early for me.
20230508_153310.jpg

Тhe beauty of the Vulcan is in its simplicity...
I can shoot with different guns, but this is my favourite at the moment !

If you want higher power - you have to adjust the regulator just once and it shoots precise different slugs. There is no need for additional adjustments.

Here I am shooting with my Vulcan .22 with slugs and pellets at 70 meters..
It shoots 40 grain H&N with about 300m/s (984tf/s) - about 117J (86 ft/lb)
The speed with 23 grain and pellets 18 grain was above sound limit :) and the old FX chrono can not get it.

Ghost wins in adjustability which is important to (me) but perhaps not high on your wish list? Both are likely to be equally dear able. The Ghost will get better warranty support through AOA than the V3 should you ever need it. The Ghost has a 5 year warranty vs maybe 1 for the V3?
I can support AGT warranty if purchased from me.

PS my Vulcan 3 can jam too, easy, i just have to aim it 45 deg or so towards the sky, and then try to chamber a new round, what happen is a pellet / slug fall backwards out of the magazine and jam up the pellet probe.
Its annoying as hell,

I am unsure if its just my rifle that do that, but it happen with both factory magazines and i think also the CARM magazine i got for it.
No biggie though i need to get a single shot tray for the Vulcan 3 CUZ i prefer to shoot with one of those, and in the summer i can still do way past 1000 shots in a session.
Peashooter; Do you think there are accuracy issues with V3 magazine? I just ordered a Carm single shot loader, hopefully will increase any accuracy issues with slugs going into the chamber...
Eddie

Тhe beauty of the Vulcan is in its simplicity...
I can shoot with different guns, but this is my favourite at the moment !

If you want higher power - you have to adjust the regulator just once and it shoots precise different slugs. There is no need for additional adjustments.

Here I am shooting with my Vulcan .22 with slugs and pellets at 70 meters..
It shoots 40 grain H&N with about 300m/s (984tf/s) - about 117J (86 ft/lb)
The speed with 23 grain and pellets 18 grain was above sound limit :) and the old FX chrono can not get it.

Shaman, love your content on AGT Vulcan 3-700 .22 cal.

For one of the reasons I will skip the AGT Vulcan and prefer the Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 is because they comes with a externally adjustable h/s and for the people like me who likes to thinker with his airguns this is a must have feature. In my personal opinion the BRK Ghost still need more refinement, so I don’t recomended neither. I’m also surprised that no one in this thread has commented about the annoying ping noise that produce the Vulcan despite that now comes with a oem de pinger that supposedly solve this issue, but some airgunners says thats its still present. Since I had a cricket in the past, I know first hand how reliable they are, this is why everyone says they are built like a tank also they are extremely accurate as well. For the only reason I sold mine was to buy another one in .30 cal, I also consider this airgun one of the most quietest in the entire market. This is why is my favorite and the next one I am planning to buy to added to my collection.

IMG_6390.png

Last edited:
For one of the reasons I will skip the AGT Vulcan and prefer the Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 is because they comes with a externally adjustable h/s and for the people like me who likes to thinker with his airguns this is a must have feature. In my personal opinion the BRK Ghost still need more refinement, so I don’t recomended neither. I’m also surprised that no one in this thread has commented about the annoying ping noise that produce the Vulcan despite that now comes with a oem de pinger that supposedly solve this issue, but some airgunners says thats its still present. Since I had a cricket in the past, I know first hand how reliable they are, this is why everyone says they are built like a tank also they are extremely accurate as well. For the only reason I sold mine was to buy another one in .30 cal, I also consider this airgun one of the most quietest in the entire market. This is why is my favorite and the next one I am planning to buy to added to my collection.

View attachment 430887
Hello Ray
Brk Ghost needs more refinement? I love the ghost’s external Reg and spring tension adjustment. I wish the spring adjustment had more bandwidth but Brk doses have a “spring kit” for adapting to FPE or caliber.
What is your thoughts? Charlie

Hello Ray
Brk Ghost needs more refinement? I love the ghost’s external Reg and spring tension adjustment. I wish the spring adjustment had more bandwidth but Brk doses have a “spring kit” for adapting to FPE or caliber.

...the springs are said to be easy to change...

• Love
Reactions: Tommy Daddio

View attachment 430887
More refinement compared too? How about specifics? Seems like you threw out a “general” opinion… The BRKs are solid, there’s a reason they seldom show up in the classifieds… I see lots of Crickets and Vulcans listed though… To the OP, get Ghosted…🙀👻

I used one of FX own bottle connector ( Part #19659 for impact & crown ), and of course a FX bottle with its valve. there is also the Huma made part they made on my request, but using that you can not fill the bottle on the rifle like normal, so you have to fill the bottle on another rifle or with a adapter so you can connect a foster connector to the bottle and fill it that way.

The + with the Huma part is you do not loose the significant amount of air in the plenum pipe during a bottle change, and there is quite a few CC in there in front and behind the regulator.

Both are superb rifles.

The main difference are:

- Ghost accept change of Cals, but only pellets (unless you pass through a intense search of possible slugs).

- AGT shoot pellets and slugs like a champ.

Just focuse yourself on your preference of above mentioned differences.

Any decision you take will be very happy and will be a perfect wise decision.

This year I had the chance of hunt with a Ghost .30 Cal and took two javalinas. Last year I took a white tailed deer and a wild turkey with my Vulcan 3 .30 Cal.

Reactions: L.Leon
Hello Ray
When I mentioned that this particular airgun needed more refinement, it is because I have heard several reports from some people indicating that they wish it had a little more accuracy so they could make better groups at a certain range. Furthermore, as I always use between four and five extra magazines in all my airguns, I consider the retail price for the ones this rifle use ridiculous high, since they are over $100.00 dollars each.

More refinement compared too? How about specifics? Seems like you threw out a “general” opinion… The BRKs are solid, there’s a reason they seldom show up in the classifieds… I see lots of Crickets and Vulcans listed though… To the OP, get Ghosted…🙀👻
Really?.. well I have been looking for months trying to find a Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 in .30 cal in the classifieds to buy one asap with no luck what so ever, so your statement is completely false. The only ones that are for sale are the first gen not the tactical.