Airgun Technologies First PCP, AGT Vulcan3 or BRK Ghost?

Both are fine guns..I would recommend the Vulcan 3. Much simpler, no tinkering...will shoot lights out right out of the box. The Vulcan will shoot pretty much anything you run thru it and it's much less money. They are robust and not much can go wrong. Ghost is newer but gaining ground ...again your newer to the sport. Vulcan is refined machine but still keeps it simple and deadly. Enjoy and welcome to airgunning.

I'm in the market for my first PCP. I will probably go either 22 cal or 25 cal. I'll be using it for target shooting and pest control/small game hunting. After watching many videos and reading the forums, I leaning towards the Vulcan3 and The Ghost. I prefer the looks and ease of adjustability of ghost, but the Vulcan seems a little more durable. Any insight would be appreciated.
First PCP for me was a Taipan Vet Compact in .22, your actually looking into what I'm considering for my next PCP. .22, I just like the caliber. Did you consider the Krait, if so, why did you exclude it?

I guess all in with air source and optics, I'd like to be under $3500 us. If I go with the V3, I'd get the AAA package from Talon Tunes. That brings it up closer in cost to the Ghost.
You do not need the AAA - Just buy from a local hardware store a harder hammer spring - 40mm/11mm/1.5mm wire, increase little the regulator pressure and the Vulcan will be a beast. :)
No need for depinger - AGN put it now in all Vulcans, I can send you a .stl file for a 3D printer for magazine so you can put longer projectiles and ready !
I made also a cheek piece riser on 3D printer - I can send the file too :)

Last edited:
I like the AGT guns a lot, but a lot might not be enough, I think I check on them almost every day, but let me be honest.

I see you are almost decided for the Vulcan, you mentioned it's your first PCP... If you have the budget, get something you can adjust and change your tune easily. Eventually you will grow in the sport and will want to test new things then it will be good to have something that allows you do that easily.

The AGT guns are really solids as you mentioned but my advise to you is to get the Ghost is that's what you like.... Or an RTI or something else that will let you play easily with different tunes so you can have a future solid platform for your airgun journey

Last edited:
I like the AGT guns a lot, but a lot might not be enough, I think I check on them almost every day, but let me be honest.

I see you are almost decided for the Vulcan, you mentioned it's your first PCP... If you have the budget, get something you can adjust and change your tune easily. Eventually you will grow in the sport and will want to test new things then if will be good to have something that allows you do that easily.

The AGN guns are really solids as you mentioned but my advise to you is to get the Ghost is that's what you like.... Or an RTI oye something else that will let you play easily with different tunes so you can have a future solid platform for your airgun journey
I concur with this. My Kalibrgun Cricket is similar to the Vulcan in terms of “cumbersome” adjustability, if you will, build quality, design, handling, and apparently accuracy, however it is a pain having to tune it by way of its damn regulator not being externally adjustable. My Ghost, in contrast, allows for extremely easy adjustments—on the fly! If you’re willing to fork out more money, I believe you’ll be getting an actual “tactical” PCP (by this I’m emphasizing a truly modular design), unlike the Cricket (again, which is similar in design to the Vulcan). I'm not one to endorse any product I wasn't in anyway involved in terms of its design and manufacture, and especially if not being on the manufacturer's payroll, but I must say the Ghost has the smoothest cocking mechanism and feel I’ve ever experienced in a PCP, and I’ve shot quite a few. Also, removing the barrel only requires undoing one screw, and replacing it takes only a couple minutes.

I second Orion’s opinion in that you’ll likely want easy adjustablity when you’ve grown into the hobby, because that’s exactly what happened to me.😉

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: orion
Check with Derrick @zx10wall…..he will set the rifle up just how you like it…super honest and a great person….he owns https://tenaciousairguns.com/

Tony P

my vote is a 👻. Maybe because we have 3 of them at the house…🤔
Yep he's the AGT tuner genious!

BTW, OP, the V3 has the proper twist rate in 25 cal to shoot heavy slugs which means you'll basically "once tuned by Derrick for extra power" has the FPE of a standard velocity 22rf using the 60gr Altaros Queens. These have to be shot one at a time because they won't fit in the mag, however most 25 cal slugs will fit in the mag, and the 49.5gr Altaros slugs will fit in the mags using an aftermarket mag faceplate system.
These slugs have the industry leading ballistic coefficients which reduce wind drift and retain more arrival energy at distance.

I prefer the barrel retention system on the V3 vs the Ghost which only has one screw holding the barrel.

Derrick tuned everything on my V3 as well as the mags for the 49.5's.
It's a great shooting gun and very reliable as well.

Reactions: Rohmpm
You do not need the AAA - Just buy from a local hardware store a harder hammer spring - 40mm/11mm/1.5mm wire, increase little the regulator pressure and the Vulcan will be a beast. :)
No need for depinger - AGN put it now in all Vulcans, I can send you a .stl file for a 3D printer for magazine so you can put longer projectiles and ready !
I made also a cheek piece riser on 3D printer - I can send the file too :)
The main reason I would get the AAA is for the aluminum chassis and the 700ml bottle.

OK, in that regard, seems more reasonable pricing closer to Ghost. Mine is just stock AGT, still pretty solid performer.(y)WM
Since I saw the pics of your guns I'm really liking the synthetic stock over the wood version. Please stop sharing that picture, you are going to be the reason I order one of these.... And I just ordered a freaking expensive gun lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: WorriedMan
Since I saw the pics of your guns I'm really liking the synthetic stock over the wood version. Please stop sharing that picture, you are going to be the reason I order one of these.... And I just ordered a freaking expensive gun lol 😂
I'll do my best, picture is worth a thousand words, they say, helping OP to decide, had to post it! Just came in from shooting U2 and V3, why someone wouldn't want to own one is beyond me. AGT, in Vulcan and Uragan platforms, found success in combining form and function, hats off to their design team. WM

I'll do my best, picture is worth a thousand words, they say, helping OP to decide, had to post it! Just came in from shooting U2 and V3, why someone wouldn't want to own one is beyond me. AGT, in Vulcan and Uragan platforms, found success in combining form and function, hats off to their design team. WM
When they add an externally adjustable regulator it's game over!

I was obviously joking I love your pictures...

Last edited:
Reactions: WorriedMan
I'm in the market for my first PCP. I will probably go either 22 cal or 25 cal. I'll be using it for target shooting and pest control/small game hunting. After watching many videos and reading the forums, I leaning towards the Vulcan3 and The Ghost. I prefer the looks and ease of adjustability of ghost, but the Vulcan seems a little more durable. Any insight would be appreciated.

I do not own a ghost or have ever shot one so I can't comment on them. I have a Vulcan 3 in 700 tuned by Derrick for slugs and it is amazing. Always on and consistent. I shoot the 34gr varmint knockers at 992 and a moa gun all day. I shoot starlings and pigeons with it all the time. Just shot one at 128yds ranged. Looked at chair gun for my zero was 3mil holdover and I held one bird left for the wind and nailed it. I also have cricket 2 in 30cal tuned from Derrick and it's amazing as well with 50.15s at 865. I like I don't have to adjust it once set. I also have an RTI prophet 1 with the 22LR barrel and it's awesome as well. It's easy to tune and doesn't lose that tune. I have a crown and the jury still out on it. I know the reg is not as consistent as the RTI. I think the ghost is a solid gun and someday I will own one but not before another cricket,rti, or delta wolf. I'm looking for a 177 slugger for all the birds I shoot with about 30fpe

I don't think you can go wrong with either and I would get them from Derrick so he can do his magic to it.

Jon