Airgun Technologies First PCP, AGT Vulcan3 or BRK Ghost?

I'm in the market for my first PCP. I will probably go either 22 cal or 25 cal. I'll be using it for target shooting and pest control/small game hunting. After watching many videos and reading the forums, I leaning towards the Vulcan3 and The Ghost. I prefer the looks and ease of adjustability of ghost, but the Vulcan seems a little more durable. Any insight would be appreciated.

I have a Ghost and A Uragan 2 - similar to the V3 - two totally different animals and both have a place. I have not complaints about either. If you don't care about a lot of adjustability on your own, just tell Tony at Talon Tunes what you are trying to accomplish and he will set the Vulcan up to do it. He is terrific. I bought my Ghost from Bin at The Pellet Shop, and he was equally accommodating and great to work with. If you buy the Ghost, buy it with the longer barrel.

For me, .22 shooting the 25.39 gr pellets will do about anything you could want to do.

The Ghost bloody well be a 1 up on the Vulcan 3 looking at the price alone.
I have the Vulcan 3 in the smallest size / caliber, and it have been pretty much a joy to shoot, only let down when i have spent too much time trying to get something to shoot well that would not shoot well in it no matter what.

Also stock, if you want to tweak on the regulator, you have to bleed both the tank and the rather large plenum pipe, that cost a lot of air which may be a issue if it is not readily available to you.
Also the Vulcan 3 regulator, it have no markings on it, so if you do not have a reg tester ( additional expence ) it is somewhat guesswork where you are on the pressure. at least Humas aftermarket regulators have a scale you can go by, but i am not sure its 100 %, which is also OK you dont need to know your pressures just what work, and where to put the regulator if you go a little back and forth in what you shoot.

The ghost are easier to tweak / dial on, and if you go pesting in a barn of other fairly small place there is no need to drill the poor pests with +40 - 50 - 60 - whatever food pounds of force, so dialing back to 20 - 30 FP you also get many more shots on a fill.

Reactions: L.Leon
Ghost wins in adjustability which is important to (me) but perhaps not high on your wish list? Both are likely to be equally dear able. The Ghost will get better warranty support through AOA than the V3 should you ever need it. The Ghost has a 5 year warranty vs maybe 1 for the V3?
I have an RWS 45, so I just shoot the same pellets all the time. I'm not sure if I would adjust a PCP or not. Just not sure I want to disassemble the gun to do it if I decide to shoot different pellets. I've also read the cocking handle on the Ghost can jam. How common is this?

The vulcan 3 is easy to take apart to reach the regulator

1: unscrew the 2 bolts that hold on the stock
2: unscrew / loosen the bleed screw
3: loosen the 2 different size hex screws that hold the entire plenum tube and tank onto the rifle.
4: unscrew the rifle end of the plenum tube ( with the transfer port )
5: you can now reach in with a threaded rod and screw it into the regulator and pulle it out, or you can unscrew the other end from the other stuff there ( block and tank ) and from that end push out the regulator, i do that myself with my cleaning rod.

At the range, it take me less than 5 min to strip the gun or get the regulator out, make a change on it and put it back in and install everything.
Right at the bench no problemo,,,, well unless you have forgotten to tighten the bleed screw, then you get a shock when you try to put pressure back in the gun,,,,, nothing dangerous just a shock.

PS my Vulcan 3 can jam too, easy, i just have to aim it 45 deg or so towards the sky, and then try to chamber a new round, what happen is a pellet / slug fall backwards out of the magazine and jam up the pellet probe.
Its annoying as hell,

I am unsure if its just my rifle that do that, but it happen with both factory magazines and i think also the CARM magazine i got for it.
No biggie though i need to get a single shot tray for the Vulcan 3 CUZ i prefer to shoot with one of those, and in the summer i can still do way past 1000 shots in a session.

Reactions: eduardo65reyes
The vulcan 3 is easy to take apart to reach the regulator

1: unscrew the 2 bolts that hold on the stock
2: unscrew / loosen the bleed screw
3: loosen the 2 different size hex screws that hold the entire plenum tube and tank onto the rifle.
4: unscrew the rifle end of the plenum tube ( with the transfer port )
5: you can now reach in with a threaded rod and screw it into the regulator and pulle it out, or you can unscrew the other end from the other stuff there ( block and tank ) and from that end push out the regulator, i do that myself with my cleaning rod.

At the range, it take me less than 5 min to strip the gun or get the regulator out, make a change on it and put it back in and install everything.
Right at the bench no problemo,,,, well unless you have forgotten to tighten the bleed screw, then you get a shock when you try to put pressure back in the gun,,,,, nothing dangerous just a shock.
It sounds easier than I thought. Without indices is there way adjust without a reg tester?

I guess all in with air source and optics, I'd like to be under $3500 us. If I go with the V3, I'd get the AAA package from Talon Tunes. That brings it up closer in cost to the Ghost.
Not sure what AAA package is but there was a $500 difference in "to-my-door" pricing between Talon Tunes and Krale for V3 .30 (700mm) in January 2023.

Reactions: mercado
IMG_20230317_122239.jpg

I have an RWS 45, so I just shoot the same pellets all the time. I'm not sure if I would adjust a PCP or not. Just not sure I want to disassemble the gun to do it if I decide to shoot different pellets. I've also read the cocking handle on the Ghost can jam. How common is this?
Mine did jam one time and that was when I first got it. It’s never happened again.

The regulator is easy it have a 10 mm nut that lock the adjustment screw in place, so you just need a hex screw to do the adjusting, just no telling what pressure is or change to when you make a change due to no pressure gauge for the regulated pressure.
I will adjust mine down a little in the video too, i think it need it for the things i want to do with it this year ( dial it for 10 gr slugs and then maybe be lucky that 10 - 13 gr pellets will also fly fairly good at that setting )