• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First outing with HW77K

1539008376_8570933665bbb6778e7c136.23416166_99371507-7161-492C-90B1-AA91C37431B8.jpeg

My first proper outing with my new HW77K. Only 20M so plenty of practice needed but I’m impressed by the rifle. 

It liked H&N FTT too. JSB exacts felt slacker when I loaded them and POI was 2 inches higher.

Which pellets does your 77 like. 

Cheers. 

I have the HW 77 stainless in 22 cal. Beautiful rifle and about the same weight as my LGV. The weight doesn’t bother me, I find that the heavier rifles give me a better free standing shot than my light rifles. I bought it based on B B Pelletier’s blog. He stated that in his opinion the 77 was more accurate, less hold sensitive and more powerfull then the 97 out of the box. That being said I don’t own a 97 but I’m really impressed with this rifle, I have no doubt on his opinion.

I found that it really likes the H&N Greens 12.65 gr, resting on my palm on a bag at 25 metres I can achieve imo exceptional 5 and 10 shot groups smaller then my little finger nail ( chewed) 😂 Give them a try I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Gary

I hate to give up my secret in fear of creating a pellet shortage for myself but try Air Arms Diabolo Express .177 Cal, 7.87 gr or any of the Air Arms pellets. My Walther LGV and HW35 like the Air Arms pellets better than JSB even though JSB makes the pellets for Air Arms.

Good to know. I have some of those JSB's. I will have to try some Air Arms.