• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First Nutter to meet the new .25

Having long contemplated converting the Talon to a Condor (or Talondor, as some of the more loquacious members have named it) I have decided to hold off, for now.

Instead of dropping coin on a new valve and top hat I decided to just move up to an 18" barrel in .25.

Boy, what a difference!

Went home for lunch today and saw this old fella enjoying my property. Now, there's been a tremendous amount of discussion on "other" forum about legalities, baiting for the sake of moving targets, pesting protected species so on and so forth. *YAWN* This was taken out of season on private grounds with ample evidence of property damage. The Sheriff and DNR Agent are more than welcome to explorer my property with the proper paperwork in hand. Until then (and it is likely never to happen) here is my game

H&N Hunter Extreme @ 40 FPE caught this fellow as he stood up, exposing his profile. Clean double-lung with an exit that was double the entry wood. Pellet passed completely thru and ended in my backstop. Jumped up on impact, then back down. DRT.

Tossed him in the freezer and headed back to the office. Vacation starts at 501, dont suspect I'll be getting much else done today beyond writing this post :)

7724b703a22a48176e6faed2b763ab52.jpg

Reactions: plinker
"RevKillj0y"Now, there's been a tremendous amount of discussion on "other" forum about legalities, baiting for the sake of moving targets, pesting protected species so on and so forth. *YAWN* This was taken out of season on private grounds with ample evidence of property damage. The Sheriff and DNR Agent are more than welcome to explorer my property with the proper paperwork in hand. 
Well I for one just ask! I called our local police department and got permission to shoot squirrels with a pellet gun when I lived in town. AND just now for the sake of knowledge I AGAIN called my county sheriff's office, since I'm in the country now, and asked if I could shoot squirrels in my yard out of season with my pellet rifle. They said it's ok with us but call this 1-800 number for the DNR and check with them also. So I just called them and they said, "sure, have at it ". So with a simple phone call I have peace and assurance that my pesting is A-OK. Love my state!

And by the way, great shot brother!

"plinker"
"RevKillj0y"Now, there's been a tremendous amount of discussion on "other" forum about legalities, baiting for the sake of moving targets, pesting protected species so on and so forth. *YAWN* This was taken out of season on private grounds with ample evidence of property damage. The Sheriff and DNR Agent are more than welcome to explorer my property with the proper paperwork in hand. 
Well I for one just ask! I called our local police department and got permission to shoot squirrels with a pellet gun when I lived in town. AND just now for the sake of knowledge I AGAIN called my county sheriff's office, since I'm in the country now, and asked if I could shoot squirrels in my yard out of season with my pellet rifle. They said it's ok with us but call this 1-800 number for the DNR and check with them also. So I just called them and they said, "sure, have at it ". So with a simple phone call I have peace and assurance that my pesting is A-OK. Love my state!

And by the way, great shot brother!

My DNR is just fine with pesting via airgun, or any other equipment for that matter, without a license as long as there isn't an exchange of goods or money. I'm in Ohio, the best damn State in the Union. We dont have no pesky airgun laws!