• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First night with the Uragan 2 vs trash pandas

Speaking of the death dance has anyone seen a brain shot where the coon just keeled over and remained motionless? I never have.
With respect to SteveV , no, I have never brain shot a raccoon successfully without the kick and twitch dance. That’s at least 90 animals over a 7 year stretch. I even had what appeared to be a successful headshot with twitching, body went limp I picked it up and bagged it only to find it still alive following morning! Put a second pellet into the noggin at PBR and was given a second kick and twitch death dance. I wouldn’t even think of picking up a raccoon without seeing that dance. Unless a deliberate vitals shot.

Reactions: Huncowboy
With respect to SteveV , no, I have never brain shot a raccoon successfully without the kick and twitch dance. That’s at least 90 animals over a 7 year stretch. I even had what appeared to be a successful headshot with twitching, body went limp I picked it up and bagged it only to find it still alive following morning! Put a second pellet into the noggin at PBR and was given a second kick and twitch death dance. I wouldn’t even think of picking up a raccoon without seeing that dance. Unless a deliberate vitals shot.
100% agree. Same experience. I think I had some headshots maybe 3-4x when the dance did not follow but the animal went down. Each time the animal was still breathing and I had to follow up with another headshot. Then the dance happened.

By the way, those were all good shots too. I guess sometimes the damage makes them unconscious, maybe braindead even, but with most of the body still functioning. Breathing, circulation, etc. To be honest this is not a fun experience. It makes you feel bad. But that is hunting. One shot kill is never a guarantee.

Reactions: rangur1
I never feel good about all that dancing, but understand it is nerves going nuts even of the animal is brain dead. Given the brain is pretty small I wonder is possible what part of the brain to is best location to hit for less dancing.

1707351943790.png

1707351660108.png

Last edited: