First night with the Uragan 2 vs trash pandas

Not a bad start with the Hurricane 2 (Uragan) I just got today.

Using the H&N Barracuda Hunter Extremes in .22. 18.52 grains flying at 920 fps for 34 fpe. They are great for headshots. Edit: I have uploaded the videos. They are raw. No comments or anything.

three pandas.jpg

Last edited:
Really good video. That Mini 4k looks really nice.

The third one shot, was he eating on the first? Hard not to be impressed with two flopping in the same frame.
It was eating a squirrel that was shot and left there a few hours prior.

This was the first time ever I was able to shoot two. Usually the second runs and I don't have time to reload and aim. But this guy (the middle on the image) was probably the largest I have shot so far. Neither of them were afraid of me. In my experience as they get big they are comfortable staying 15 yards away from you or even much closer. That is the very reason why I got into backyard hunting. One was eating my neighbors flowers maybe 5 yards away from my little girls and two adults. So I got an L2 and smoked it a month later.

Nice shooting , especially the double! 3 in one night is quite a haul. In almost 100% of the cases after the 1st shot the others run for it and if you are lucky if any return a few hours later.

What was the distance to the target? Are you using the light that came with the mini?
That is my observation too. One shot and they run, but they do come back.

On the first video I forgot to turn on the IR torch. What light you see is from a corner IR torch I have for the security system illuminating that little feeder on the tree. The second shot I have the torch on. The one that came with the mini. Distance to the tree is 15 yards. The jungle starts at around 18-20 yards. For my distance the torch on the mini is enough. One complaint about the mini is the low output of the torch.

Nice! Taking out the trash... pandas!

If you have 3 show up in just a few hours, you definitely have a problem with them. I might see one every so often now, after popping 3 or 4 last summer.
There is a decent sized wetland area right behind us. It is jungle and water. (Hence I can safely shoot that direction.) I flew it over with a drone. It looks like raccoon heaven. I guess it is normal for them to be there, but this year there are more than usual. I have had as many as 7 (including 3 kits) recorded at once and I have already dispatched about 10 since start of December. Last year after I have dispatched 10 they disappeared. So something is going on. Supposedly some old lady not far from us is feeding them.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein