• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

First National 50 targets tried (and I liked it!)

I had a chance to knock two items off my “get to know you” list for my Uragan. I tried it out on some National 50 practice targets and compared it to my (previous standard for accuracy) MMHF barreled Marauder.

To be fair to my beloved Mrod, since getting the Uragan I haven’t shot it much and I didn’t feel like we were in the zone like we can be.

I scored the targets twice and scored “in” where touching the line scored the higher ring except “x” which had to be completely removed. First with a .22 Eagle Eye gauge and again with a homemade plug that measures .33” with a .217 Knock Out slug as the shank which was as close as I could get to an official gauge with my DIY skills. Since neither is official and this was just to dip my toe in and see how it went, please be kind with my “interpretation” of my scores.

I thought it was fun and can’t wait to try more. I shot one more card for each gun and each was about 15 points lower than the other. I’m still getting to know the base tune on the Uragan and would like to neglect the Mrod less going forward so I’m going to try committing to shooting these targets more often. I’m also going to be on the lookout for a possible recruit to form an “official” team to be able to post scores and compete if possible.

095DD6AD-0481-4C0E-9DE8-4E0150CAC29B.1635608019.jpeg
D4B8C936-3183-4396-8D47-105622CD036D.1635608019.jpeg