• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

First moa at 100 with pellets, straight from the tin

I had few minutes before sunset today to shoot. Set up a target at 30 yards and one at 100, took one shot at 30 to check my zero, then picked a spot on the 100 yard target to see what the wind was doing. I thought what the heck and shot four more. It looked pretty good from the bench, so I shot a few more. I had a great four shot group then got a high flier that opened it way up. I shot one more and that one dropped right in. I suppose if I sorted for weight I might do better but I'm ok with this one😁
I'm shooting an Royale in .22 pushing JSB 18s at 880 fps.
First group
20230111_170900.jpg

The one that got away
20230111_170938.jpg

All the groups from the session.
Cheers!

20230111_170842.jpg

I had few minutes before sunset today to shoot. Set up a target at 30 yards and one at 100, took one shot at 30 to check my zero, then picked a spot on the 100 yard target to see what the wind was doing. I thought what the heck and shot four more. It looked pretty good from the bench, so I shot a few more. I had a great four shot group then got a high flier that opened it way up. I shot one more and that one dropped right in. I suppose if I sorted for weight I might do better but I'm ok with this one😁
I'm shooting an Royale in .22 pushing JSB 18s at 880 fps.
First groupView attachment 322393
The one that got awayView attachment 322395

All the groups from the session.
Cheers!

View attachment 322396
Very nice, indeed.

Great to see the Royales performing at such a high level. Which barrel does it have? ST or STX? 600mm?

Terrific shooting too!
Thanks! I only shoot off the bench occasionally but really enjoy it. The Royale has the smooth twist barrel-it's regged. I have no idea of the barrel length, the gun itself is fairly compact at 41 1/2'' long. it's a recent rifle, the previous owner bought it new in 2020. here's a pic. It's all about the wind at 100, I've had shots go 6" off the target with an almost undetectable gust.
20230106_113127.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Blejda