• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First long distance with my Huben K1

If it's a .25 huben, mine was most accurate when using .254 diameter flatbase 44-48 grain slugs from AVS. I am currently having Corbin make me a die to replicate them. I tested the .253 zan slugs and the avs were better. I actually ordered a die already in .254 but I had the o-give too round and I can't insert them by hand if I make them the length I'd like to make them. I'm about to list it for sale. It would work for anyone who has a Corbin s press and a newer .25 huben, as long as you make only 40 grain or less with it, or don't mind pushing the slugs in with a tool if you make them bigger
Okay, thanks. I'll keep this info handy.

@MOhunter Those Special Edition stocks really are nice looking. If you don't mind me asking, where'd you purchase yours? I got excited when I saw this post in the "hunting" forum.
You know quite frankly I love the Woodstock but the Beachwood it's made out of feels a little bit weak. In other words a good more solid stock of oak or maybe Walnut would be sturdier. I have a feeling this one's going to take a few hits and show them dragging it through the woods.

You know quite frankly I love the Woodstock but the Beachwood it's made out of feels a little bit weak. In other words a good more solid stock of oak or maybe Walnut would be sturdier. I have a feeling this one's going to take a few hits and show them dragging it through the woods.
I have an extra synthetic stock if interested. Just let me know.

Here is what mine will do at 100yds. Its a 2018 with a TJ barrel setup to shoot Nelson 27.5gr slugs at 960fps.
View attachment 333885View attachment 333886
I recently got a Huben 25 cal and I have a few different slugs Zan .253/6.41/ 38.gr I also have them in 33 gr. Exact King in 25.39 pellets. Then .254 42 gr flat base slugs, and last 47gr boat tailed. To be honest I haven't tried any of them yet, primarily because I read many different things about the Hubens, and have heard there slug picky. I don't want to have any issues with slugs getting stuck and needing to take apart the gun. Your groupings look really good. Do you have any suggestions, and what I've got are they ok to put through it.