First Long Distance w/ .30 L2

shot out to 180 yards with @ToddGeddes63 out in the desert today. amazing weather/day for shooting!

this was with a 6x Dedal Stalker/.30 450mm L2, and my first time shooting past 100 yards with an airgun. the goal was to hit paper, but we also had a couple nice shots i'm pretty happy about :)

we did run out of holdover, so I may be throwing a heavier scope on it. i wanted to leave the Stalker on for off hand shooting, but I think I can add 8-10 more oz without too much trouble

first pic - target

second pic - where we were shooting from (put a red box around our trucks where we were setup)

third pic - a recovered pellet from the bucket!

IMG_2859.1649361737.jpg

IMG_2858.1649361735.jpg

IMG_2860.1649361738.jpg

we went from 60 to 180 on a whim when we noticed someone else had set the bucket out pretty far, but i imagine i would've ran out of holdover at ~140 yards. the stalker glass was clear enough that if there were additional holdovers or a christmas tree we would've gotten something resembling a group. i'm also not the most accurate shooter

i think next time i'll just give 120 or so a try and see what we can do for a better group.

hearing the thunk of the bucket when we landed was so satisfying!

Ezana4ce

We were shooting Sticman 77's L2.30 and my cayden .22 from a bipod on a table. We sighted in at 30 yards, and were shooting reactive metal targets out to 60 yards. As sticman77 said random decision on the 180 yards, we just went for it !! I would like to thank sticman 77 for letting me shoot his L2 in .30 cal, what a nice rifle. Plenty of power, accurate, light weight, and well made. We could hear the pellets hit the bucket at 180 yards! If there was less wind I think the groups would have been tighter, but I was happy to just hit the bucket at that distance LOL. That was the furthest I've shot a airgun to date. And the second time that I've shot a .30 cal airgun. I really enjoy the shooting sessions, and getting together. Can't wait til we do it again. 

TODD