First kill

So yesterday morning after I got off working a 12hr shift I decided to go try to check out and scout out a WMA. I already had my flash in the car, so when I got there I started down the logging road. I kept going between lol looking up to the trees and looking at the ground, I did see plenty of signs that were perfect so if stop for a spell. Finally started making my way up from the valley up to the ridge. I really enjoyed the walk and was starting the get ready to turn around whenever I saw one coming down a tree, I glassed it up and lost it but found still hear the leaves rustling, then it came out about 25y ahead of me on the path. Glasses it again took the safety off it has it's back to me, I assumed just below the skull, suddenly it moved and put it's side to me. I pulled the trigger and sent a .25 Hades down at about 750fps and 34fpe, cought it just below its jaw exit wound was right out the jaw. Now I have never hunted anything in my life till now, because of that I wasn't planning on getting anything but I brought my cooler anyways. She's not very big and ended up having a wolf larva to, but none the less I'm kinda proud of it.

PXL_20221005_145825512.jpg

PXL_20221005_130603362.jpg

So I went back out yesterday after work, and towards the end of my stroll I ended up getting three one with a huge warble, one that I couldn't recover, and one that I was able to grab. I also got to see a huge owl hunting chipmunks(it was really cool to hear them alerting.) I did come across plenty before I found the owl but they where to far out of range or would be gone by the time I got the rifle up to try to shoot it. It was a beautiful day and calm. I almost wished I could have camped out there but that WMA doesn't allow camping much less fires(which I completely understand.)

On a side note are there any hunters in the update south Carolina that would be interested in hunting with me and advising a new hunter.

They are on quite a few squirrels here until cold weather arrives. They also get into cats and have caused problems several times over the years for some of the outdoors cats that live here. The cats claw at the lumps nonstop and get infections started, resulting in some really ugly sores. I've picked the "warbles" out, they look like short fat worms, then put antibiotics in the cats wounds. Irksome parasites, nauseating things!