First Kill with Zulus…

28 yards, Atomic XR, 14.3 gr CPHPs at 725 fps, rested in a yoke, off of my father in laws, 60 year old tripod…🤓 DRT! Shot from the second story of my infested barn. I was literally standing in a pile of black walnut husks. The reds have gotten absolutely comfortable in my neglected barn. Am looking to make repairs and to reassert without mercy. I purchased this scope mainly for ratting. Am putting it to that test when warmer nights arrive…

I noticed they only offered low mounts. How did it work out mounting it?
I did lightly shim the rear of the scope at the mount.

L.Leon,
Appreciate your efforts bringing interesting things to the forum, always learn something. WM
@brawler1588, deserves all the credit… He posted on a wide variety of scopes in comparison to the Zulus. His comments are invaluable because he’s had actual experience with all the ones he posted about. His insights led me to ordering mine.🙏

I did lightly shim the rear of the scope at the mount.

@brawler1588, deserves all the credit… He posted on a wide variety of scopes in comparison to the Zulus. His comments are invaluable because he’s had actual experience with all the ones he posted about. His insights led me to ordering mine.🙏
Cudos to Brawler, well done, Sir. WM

@L.Leon Which magnification level were you using?
I believe 20x…

Very nice!!

Have you been able to use the optic at night? Looks like a fun little optic.

Do you have the basic unit, or the LRF unit? Curious what the LRF version looks like through the viewer.
Basic unit, did take it out at night, the rats showed quite nicely through the scope. Couldn’t get proper shots lined up, but am very excited for the next outing.