First issue (s510 xs)

Got my s510 xs about a month ago - saturday while I was pumping it, as soon as it got to around max fill, I started hearing a tiny leak out of the fill probe (coming out of the back hole)

hoped it was a faulty connection on my part, but figured it was the o-ring is getting bad

Last night, I went to refill the tank, but this time it would start aggressively seeping air with each down stroke through the back of the probe adapter at 200 bar (50 bar less than it was 2 days prior)

I work with pumps and water connections for my day job, so I’m pretty familiar with how o-rings function, I would say this is a typical case of an o-ring progressively getting worse (plus this is a lot of pressure)

Now, for my questions:

are the two rings I’m required to get, the .25 cal breech o-rings? I’m confident I did my research alright, but I wanna see if anyone else has had to repair these 2 rings on the probe, and if I’m required to get the AA parts online, or if there is a specific size to this o-ring that I can’t pick up locally

Also, I wanna make sure I don’t suck at my day job… Could it be something other than those 2 o-rings? 😂

As always, take it easy, and thank you

0ACCEBCC-5B93-43A2-B665-57D4DCBBDDA8.jpeg

image.jpg

The two o rings on the fill adapter are NOT the breach o rings. The are part # S474 or size 12x2 NBR 70.

I'd be surprised if it was those. The fill adapter o rings on my S400 have been going strong for about 5 years. But, its possible.

I would check the BSPP adapter that's on the brass fill adapter. Unscrew it, Teflon tape the threads, crank it back down and see if that fixes it. Thats usually the issue when you have leaks while filling (in my case at least).

There are other o rings that could be leaking, but if it holds air after you've disconnected it from the fill source its likely the ones you've pinpointed or the connection.

1st remove fill adapter from rifle then put in parts box and install someones Foster style adapter. Such as:

John
hahaha - thanks for that. I’ve been looking for something like so also, the only hesitation is that I’ve read somewhere that it caused a leak issue at the adapter after replacement

That could just be a one off thing or a user error, but I’m definitely considering just flipping over to the standard fill probe

The two o rings on the fill adapter are NOT the breach o rings. The are part # S474 or size 12x2 NBR 70.

I'd be surprised if it was those. The fill adapter o rings on my S400 have been going strong for about 5 years. But, its possible.

I would check the BSPP adapter that's on the brass fill adapter. Unscrew it, Teflon tape the threads, crank it back down and see if that fixes it. Thats usually the issue when you have leaks while filling (in my case at least).

There are other o rings that could be leaking, but if it holds air after you've disconnected it from the fill source its likely the ones you've pinpointed or the connection.
Gonna test in a few - it was an issue when I first started pumping, getting the o ring on the Bspp adapter to seal (so nope, no tape and that definitely could be an issue.) The only question with it, is I don’t feel any air around the air Venturi bspp adapter, only air shooting through the back hole of the AA fill adapter

It holds air very well after a fill, which makes me think it’s not the actually probe screwed into the tank. I think if it’s not the bspp adapter, it may actually be my fault 100% the brass AA adapter has sharp edges that I may or may not have been cautious of when sliding it off the o rings *_*