First Impressions on the Barra FT 5-25X50 Scope

Well I bought two FT 1.5-8X32mm, two FT 2.5-10x44mm, two FT 4-20x50, one FT 5-25x50, two MP 4-16x50, one 6-26x50 JLO and one MP 12-60x56. I was waiting for the FT 3-15X50 to come down in price. eBay had a listing with over a hundred in stock priced at $350. Then one day the listing was gone. Missed out when the fixed ten powers were selling for $99.00. But I’m happy with what I did manage to pick up. Was able to convince a few friends to pick some up as well. Bought a Arken the other day. Great turrets and reticle. But glass isn’t as nice. Especially over twelve power. Euro optic has first gen Vortex Vipers 6-24X50 scopes for $479. But after shipping and tax your over $500. And the glass is ok. I actually owned one. Sold it. To buy a bunch of Barra rifle scopes. At some point with so many scope brands someone will go out of business. And I’m sure I will be buying again.

I have( 5)1.5x8x32, (2 )6x25x50,(2 )3x15×50,(2) 5x25x50,(2)2x10x44 in my possession right now and gave a 1.5x8x32 and a 2x10x44 to my buddy in Minnesota for hunting .Barras are very nice japanese scopes , like you i wish i scored on the fixed power 10s found a place selling them for $175 shipped i contacted the seller but it was a old listing so no go also wanted a 4x20x50 but midway had the 2series crimson trace 6x24x56 scopes for $350 so i got one instead but wished i got 2 oh well cant be too greedy lol.

Damn! no wonder they don't have any left. I got 4 or 5 japan Barras, I don't remember anymore but they don't fit what I like to do as much due to extra thick reticle, maybe one day when I finally get around getting a hunting rifle but hunting is too much work. LOL!

Funny thing is I bought 5-6 chinese barra scopes H20 and H30 and I couldn't be happier with them also. Stupid cheap and stupid good for the money, I literally have like over 10 Barra scopes added together, 2 Crimson Trace scopes and an Element Helix. This is not for lack of trying, I've bought and returned at least 10 scopes and they just plain suck compared to these bargain basement scopes. outside of Crimson Trace series 5 scope I have not see a single scope that has nicer glass thans the Japan Barras for under 1500 dollar. Not a single one! The clarity, resolution and especially the low light transmission is insane! It's like turning on the light! Most gorgeous eye piece I've seen under 2000 dollars! IMHO japan barras are/were the best PB hunting scopes for under 300 yards I've ever seen or will see. 

I bought some Crimson Trace scopes as well. I really like my 3 series 5-25X56. Had a three series 4-20X50. But the reticle was way to busy. And the center dot was difficult to pick out. So I sold it. Bought two of their 2 series. 6-24x56mm. Had to return both. Both had material from the reticle on the lenses. Little random dots. I know some people had the same problem. Funny that JLO made these scopes as well. 

CT Christmas reticle is VERY busy reticle, made for long range target shooting with TINY1/2 mil center dot, literally complete opposite of Barra scope. It does have some good ideas like no solid horizontal line but there is no way to quickly focus to the center. Had they simply “framed” the center dot with 1/4-1/2 mil of void it would of made all the difference. Probably the reason people don’t like that scope/reticle, way too specific to long range shooting and even then it’s not really all that well thought out. I use them for target shooting only so I take my time anyways. Still I would much prefer a SFP with very fine reticle like the night force F1, it’s just my wallet doesn’t let me enjoy the night force due to no close out sale. With such great glass and it does work well enough I can certainly live relatively happy with the CT because I don’t have 4-5k to dump into 2 scopes.

Edit: all these scope close out sale bargain talks make it sound like we are the scope vultures…..LMAO!
27920DB5-8F5D-4B68-838D-8348FD65724E.1633707353.jpeg

I don’t need another scope, I don’t need another scope, I don’t need another scope………

qball,

you're doomed.

And you know it.

We all know it.

Just click the dang "Place in cart" button and get it over with!! 🙄 

Matthias

PS: I don't need another gun. I don't need another gun. I don't need another gun........ 😣 

I don’t need another scope, I don’t need another scope, I don’t need another scope………

qball,

you're doomed.

And you know it.

We all know it.

Just click the dang "Place in cart" button and get it over with!! 🙄 

PS: I don't need another gun. I don't need another gun. I don't need another gun........ 😣

LOL! I think I have just about every single model they had on ebay since they were like 50 bucks shipped. Had no expectations but holy smokes they are GOOD!!! I have like 10 Barra scopes and I don't even have 10 rifles/guns. Out of 4 models on amazon I have 3 of them and the last one didn't quite peak my interest because didn't care for 3x9 with AO because the fix parallax version is so dang good!!! Some models I have 2 just in case and because they are that good. I know, I'm hopeless! hahahaha