First Impressions on the Barra FT 5-25X50 Scope

Well I jumped on the Alpha6 scope wagon and wasn't blown away by it. I was hesitant with this Barra, but PM'ing with Odoyle he assured me this was truly a better scope in all respects. I received it a few days ago and I have agree this Barra scope was an amazing deal at under $200. Even at under $400 it's a great deal. 

Reticle is a very nice mil-quad, just the right thickness. Clarity and eye box are both very nice. I'm not used to SFP scopes so it totally threw me off on holdovers but the turrets seem like accurate clickers. 

Only downside is mine isn't quite focusing down to 10 yards, probably stopping right around 12-13. I don't expect to be shooting at these ranges much so not a real big deal. 

20201006_212934.1602038605.jpeg
😁

Reactions: Odoyle
Okay friends, sorry for the slow update.Taking into account the wise sermons of YO’doyle , I was once again suckered into the light like a moth... and all I have to say is THANKS MAN!! .. and this T-shirt which is WAY TOO SMALL (for a Sasquatch) 💩

In all honesty and kidding aside, this optic legit, and I agree it’s a terrific value if you can still find one at a fair price! “

“Snoozers-Loosers”

The “Mil-Dot” reticle should be familiar to most. 
This optic is LONG AND Heavy! Don’t put it on a bac-packer I’m just warning you...If you are considering haulin’ this bad boy around mounted atop your short-barreled, and otherwise stealthy sub-compact?!?... this is probably not the one you are looking for 😆 

If you shoot from a table and are accustomed to a classic Mil-Dot , then YES! indeed, I recommend taking a closer look at this optic and determine if it may fit your own personal needs as well as it fits mine.

I got a PM from the seller that the 25x is no longer in stock, lol!

I payed for mine on the 27th of Sept. and was surprised that only a shipping label was sent to me sans movement from the 28th to the present, hence I sent them 2 PMs last week and this week, which was answered an hour or so ago.

Anyway, they are asking me what replacement I want---I am thinking of the 10x or the 15x, as they are much shorter and lighter than the 25x: 12" vs 15" for the former, and 13" vs 15" for the latter.

I have lost interest, frankly speaking, but I might go for the 15x (they are around $350) if they don't let me add more $, otherwise I will just get a refund and buy me another Clearidge.

I paid $199 (tax included) for the 25x, btw.

I have requested for a full refund.

Their extended reticence regarding the status of my order has left an unsavory taste in my mouth.

I have transcended the lure of a mildot reticle (anyway) and much prefer hash marks for pinpoint aiming.

Might get another Clearidge or a Meopta Optika5, as I am personally partial to 1" tubes with 42mm to 44mm objective heads.

Mr. Odoyle sir, much thanks again for the making us aware of this scope 👍

Wonder how good it actually tracks, anyone done a proper test?

I have not personally, but I’d be willing to loan one to a guy I know over in Auburn if he was interested in testing one out?

Hehehe, thanks for the offer. Halfway tempted to just get one at this price, it's just that i should knock it off with buying things that I don't really need :)

If it had a floating center dot reticle like a Midas Tac i would be all over it though...

Congratulations, DarkHorse. Nice surprise I'm sure. Yes it is large, but has great magnification and clarity. I also really like the finish, very well done. The eyepiece and parallax adjustments are quite smooth - and the turrets do click. The eye box is the best, seriously. Easy to line up and find your target and less eye fatigue.

Enjoy your new optic and keep us posted on hoe you like shooting with it.