First Impressions on the Barra FT 5-25X50 Scope

Got mine today also and held in my hand to check it out really quick and holy smokes!!! Thing is clear all the way!!! And the eye box is huge and light transmission gotta be in the 90% range as it is BRIGHT all the way to 25! I can count the nose hair in my neighbor’s nostrils! Ok kidding about that part it’s WTF clear. This must be what a 1000 dollar or more scope looks like. For reference at 12X my element helix is close to it but not quite as bright and at full magnification the barra is definitely more clear than the helix with a more forgiving eye box! This is hands down better than the alpha 6, I returned my alpha 6. 

now if the turrets are accurate then it’s OMFG good....for 240 bucks. the reticle will be hard to hold over with very little information and SFP.

edit: need to revise/add to my review. Mount it not scope and now that it’s full daylight the scope is indeed very bright. However at 25x the image does get a little cloudy/milky but do most of the scopes except the few extremely expensive size ones. Eye box at 25x is quite tight and need proper cheek position, again not a huge problem since every other scope does that. At 20x and lower this scope is indeed very clear and bright. Now I just need to go shoot with it to see if the turrets are any good. 

Sent you a PM I'd like to buy it from you. If yours is only clear up until only 20x as you say and yours in particular has a finicky eyebox which I personally find very difficult to believe then I have just got to see what you are seeing. Don't mount it. I'm buying it from you.

I have gotten mine and it is the same scope that my brother paid over 1000$ from Amazon for. I told my friends about it and they said the listing is gone and they want to know where to buy it now that is close to this cheap price. This is such a great deal and it is clear and bright even at maximum 25 times power! The picture looks really clear just like my brother's expensive Leupolds! I cancelled my Avenger due to problem worries reading posts and maybe buy a Benjamin Akela. Thank you for such a great deal it is really mind blowing how great this scope really is.

Reactions: Batman2
Gents, the 2-10×44 version is also made in Japan.

The seller thanked me for pointing it out and has corrected the error.

It has a BDC reticle in lieu of a mildot though.

yeah when trying to score deals, next time don't ask the seller questions lol. i was super skeptical but i knew better than to ever shoot them a email and ruin it for everyone

This particular scope has gone back to its original price of $210 shipped.

It graduated to $300 for a day or two but has since shifted back to its initial $ mark.

Clarification is nice for the good of the majority.

Would you be elated if you got a Chinese iteration of the scope?

Mine is still in transit and has not moved since the 28th of Sept. but you know how USPS is nowadays.

For all I know, it may be confined in my mailbox, as we speak, or will be prior to the expected delivery on Saturday.

A sidewheel would look great on this scope---I am looking at the Rowan, also the Scopewerks.

I will adorn it with one as soon as I have the parallax knob's OD sorted out.

I am still looking for an rifle to mount it on.

Might go for another AA S5, a regulated one, or a Daystate Wolverine HP in .25 caliber.

The Pulsar HP arouses me right now but it only comes in .177 caliber.

This big scope would look nice on either of the 3 air rifles.

Hey I got couple cheap Chinese lower end line Barra H30 4-16x50 illuminated 10 yard side focus scopes and crystal clear all the way to max power and clearer than all $600 and under Vector and most Discovery under $500 (JUST SOME specific Discovery models and power specofic are fantastic only a select handful SOME are crappy even coming from the same level family) the Athlon Argos Vortex Diamondback Tactical Aztec Emerald Hawke Sidewinder 30 MTC VIPER PRO ($649!!!) and countless others too many to mention and it's very close to my SWFA SS 3-15x42 glass in brightness and clarity for real! I paid $80 each and free shipping when he still sold them and for comparison Optics Planet sells for $189 and $199 from Amazon. It has the white bright clear kinda Leupold like image. 

Gents, the 2-10×44 version is also made in Japan.

The seller thanked me for pointing it out and has corrected the error.

It has a BDC reticle in lieu of a mildot though.

yeah when trying to score deals, next time don't ask the seller questions lol. i was super skeptical but i knew better than to ever shoot them a email and ruin it for everyone

This particular scope has gone back to its original price of $210 shipped.

It graduated to $300 for a day or two but has since shifted back to its initial $ mark.

Clarification is nice for the good of the majority.

Would you be elated if you got a Chinese iteration of the scope?

i wouldn't care since there was free 30day returns and other people popping in here updating us on what they got, instead of informing the seller to basically change their prices

I just got done recording my killings of the last few days.... 💀

And then I came to this thread....

And I just thought — I have no-one around me that is interested in my airgunning hobby.... 

😕😟😖 ....

However, I can come here to AGN and to GTA and can talk intelligently about my hobby with others who are just as NUTS ABOUT AIRGUNNING as I am. 😄

I can talk guns, pellets, shooting, ballistics, killing, and — SCOPES.

And there are people like YO and like Odoyle and many others who are wonderful ENABLERS for this hobby — helping us to get good products for good prices.

There are others like Bob Sterne, Mike Thomas, MMahoney, Knife, and many others who explain to us the intricacies of airgunning, and/or run important tests for us.

So, I just want to reiterate — AGN and GTA forums are absolutely great! And I appreciate all the cool people who make that so.

Thank you!! (OK, I'll just say it: THANK YO! 🤣

Matthias 😄

First impression......long
image.1601765564.jpg

Mine has not moved yet, it is still in GA with the USPS, lol!

The ETA was yesterday though 😁

Sent a message to the seller to give USPS a nudge, so I can buy the 2-10x44 version once I have the 5-25x50.

Have not fully decided what AG to mount it on but I have a few candidates: Daystate Pulsar HP, Daystate Wolverine HP, AA S5 XS, and the Taipan Long--all in .25 caliber, albeit the former will be in stock 2 - 3 months from now per AOA.

OFF TOPIC: I did order a Walther Rotek PCP in .177 to play with in my 28-yard living room to backyard shooting range, lol!

I got the Walther for so low a price: $359 shipped to my door with the combined 3 codes at UMAREX 😁

Lol dude you could have called usps yourself. If they call they are more likely to tell them to send it back to them and then just refund you

We have different methods, so just leave me with mine, sir.

If they choose to refund me, then so be it.

I intend to buy 2 more variants if I like it (I told them so), but I need to have the 1st order in my hands first.