First Impressions on the Barra FT 5-25X50 Scope

and they are gone, the 5-25x50 all gone on ebay,,,,,ODoyle,,did ya load up? more?

No matter what happens the other $455 listing is the same scope. 

I did state you snooze you lose. Had a feeling the the price wouldn't be forever. Glad all you guys got it for a great deal.

It is still worth the higher $455 price and that's a lot cheaper than the $999.99 plus $28.00 shipping from Amazon. Still less than half the price.

Theres the current popular clear runner up Aims A6 as an alternative cheap option as well.

welp mine finally came, only played with it for about 5 mins. box looked like it fell down a mountain, but the scope wasn't damaged. Looks at least as bright and clear as my banner but its a little cloudy today. and its clear from 5x all the way to 25x which my banner can't do (3 to 9), but it also doesn't have a parallax adjustment. Anyways like i said i can't really say much more than that with what i have to compare it with. I think with some effort i should be able to get this reticle to work, ill just have to guess on what halfway is between them marks. But for the price i paid which was alot cheaper than the alpha6, id say im very happy, so thanks for the tip odoyle💑. Sorry for being skeptical, i was wrong, but i am still skeptical about any support from customer service. if the ad was still up id buy a few more for my powder burners, this will probably end up on one of them eventually.

Reactions: Batman2 and Odoyle
Got mine today also and held in my hand to check it out really quick and holy smokes!!! Thing is clear all the way!!! And the eye box is huge and light transmission gotta be in the 90% range as it is BRIGHT all the way to 25! I can count the nose hair in my neighbor’s nostrils! Ok kidding about that part it’s WTF clear. This must be what a 1000 dollar or more scope looks like. For reference at 12X my element helix is close to it but not quite as bright and at full magnification the barra is definitely more clear than the helix with a more forgiving eye box! This is hands down better than the alpha 6, I returned my alpha 6. 

now if the turrets are accurate then it’s OMFG good....for 240 bucks. the reticle will be hard to hold over with very little information and SFP.

edit: need to revise/add to my review. Mount it not scope and now that it’s full daylight the scope is indeed very bright. However at 25x the image does get a little cloudy/milky but do most of the scopes except the few extremely expensive size ones. Eye box at 25x is quite tight and need proper cheek position, again not a huge problem since every other scope does that. At 20x and lower this scope is indeed very clear and bright. Now I just need to go shoot with it to see if the turrets are any good. 

Reactions: Odoyle
Okay, I just found an even better deal :

https://www.fristomx.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&prod
SmartSelect_20200929-222134_Chrome.1601432522.jpg
ucts_id=312746

That site is most likely a scam site!

Domain Name: FRISTOMX.COM
Registrar WHOIS Server: ver.whois.matbao.net
Registrar URL: http://www.matbao.net
Updated Date: 2020-08-14T00:54:19Z
Creation Date: 2020-07-22T09:25:18Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2021-07-22T09:25:18Z

Registrar: MAT BAO CORPORATION

The domain is registered in July so the website is new and he only bought the domain for 1 year so not speaking volume on longevity. 

Quick Internet search indicates it’s a scam site, I would stay away!

There is nobody except some big time scope companies such as Optics Planet for example who is authorized Barra retailers aside from SUPCASE from EBay.

There are some scam sites selling these Barra Hero FT and H30 Barra for dirt cheap. Had to get a replacement credit card after trying one of those too good to be true Barra selling scammers site to see if an even better deal could be had and NOPE!!! Similar website scene layout as well. CC Fraud protection is good.

Supcase, the seller, has not replied to me yet re the 2-10x44's origin: China or Japan.

I have PM'ed them 3x.

If you would notice, it is now $300 in lieu of the original $220ish price:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173171936168?&ul_noapp=true&autorefresh=true

I have been offered to purchase it for less than $180 and have been given 10 hours from this point to accept it.

I will not procure it if it is of Chinese make, as I have already forged myself to buy only Japanese, Filipino, American, or European made optics.

On another note, I don't really mind if Mr. Odoyle is Mr. Yo--he has never offended me, although some members see him as a clamorous person.

When he was still Mr. Yo, he still gave his best to steers us to very nice deals, so I would not mind at all were he to have a meal and some intoxicating spirits with me.

Reactions: Tronic
Supcase, the seller, has not replied to me yet re the 2-10x44's origin: China or Japan.

I have PM'ed them 3x.

If you would notice, it is now $300 in lieu of the original $220ish price:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173171936168?&ul_noapp=true&autorefresh=true

I have been offered to purchase it for less than $180 and have been given 10 hours from this point to accept it.

I will not procure it if it is of Chinese make, as I have already forged myself to buy only Japanese, Filipino, American, or European made optics.

On another note, I don't really mind if Mr. Odoyle is Mr. Yo--he has never offended me, although some members see him as a clamorous person.

When he was still Mr. Yo, he still gave his best to steers us to very nice deals, so I would not mind at all were he to have a meal and some intoxicating spirits with me.

Buy it. I'll buy it from you. Don't cancel it.

Is Odoyle , YO ? I think so.

How would that be possible? He is an A6 fanboy. Why on Earth would would you think such nonsense? Might actually be a compliment (well sorta...). However there is a functional new feature called HIDE MEMBER if you are a Yo hater (among countless many here) and believe I am him.

Yo don’t say.......

got one today. in the daylight it is very bright and crisp. no distortion even at 25. This evening, near dark and even after dark. I had the Bara, S&B 3-25 Exos , Meopta Optika 3-15X44. The Bara was not as clear at objects 100 yards away as these other two scopes. That Barra was the first one to be come un useable. The funny thing is the Meopta on several objects was clearer to my eyes than my S&B.😆 However once it got dark, the S&B was the last one to still be able to read a number on my electric box. One of my employees is suppose to come over in few days to get a scope from me, I am going to let him look through several scopes and see what he thinks. My eyes are not so good anymore.