Tuning First impressions of the fx tuner

Got 1 of the fx screw on tuners today and while I haven’t shot it much am a bit surprised just how much affect it has on pellets in 177 at 10 meters. It only moves front to back around 1/4” but just installing on my 500 mm barrel changes point of impact about 3/8” right and 3/8 low. This is with a carbon sleeve and the barrel tensioned with the shroud. Can’t wait to see what it will do at 55 yds! Will try to post more results when i get a chance to shoot with it at distance

I have one too. Put it on my .25 gun between the barrel and the moderator. A quick session at 40 yards showed a definite separation. I did not go through a comprehensive test yet, but am looking forward to getting one done.

Nice would like to hear your results when you get them post them up here if you want

Did a bit more shooting with it inside and surprised that all the way back moves shots right middle keeps them low center and all the way forward takes them left of original poa. All shots a bit low I assume the weight causes a bit of droop. 

I'm going to start with five targets 5 shots each with a stock gun as a baseline. Then I'll add the tuner and take five shot groups turning it one tick mark for each group. My initial tests I was turning 1/8 of a revolution, a large tick marks, for each group. Even with such gross adjustments I can see a definite pattern in improvement and worsening of the groups . I will set up the high-speed pump, and open a couple of fresh cans so that I can shoot them all in a short period of time. That way I can minimize the variation in the wind and the shooter. Don't mind, I would like to share my results alongside yours for comparison. I don't want to take over your thread :)

Solo 1

You mentioned the barrel tensioner. If I think correctly you are referring to a spacer between the shroud and the block of the gun which keeps the barrel from wagging?

Im questioning if this really makes a proven difference. Or is it just appearances in closing in a gap?

If it really does tension it is against the single grub screw at the breach which holds the whole barrel assembly. Any leverage and the grub screw will get ppwried along and not remain a constant hold. Just hoping for some insights here. I appreciate so many ideas floated along here and its part of the fun. But logic and appearance and evidence should intersect here some where. Pleze some one help me.

Solo 1

You mentioned the barrel tensioner. If I think correctly you are referring to a spacer between the shroud and the block of the gun which keeps the barrel from wagging?

Im questioning if this really makes a proven difference. Or is it just appearances in closing in a gap?

If it really does tension it is against the single grub screw at the breach which holds the whole barrel assembly. Any leverage and the grub screw will get ppwried along and not remain a constant hold. Just hoping for some insights here. I appreciate so many ideas floated along here and its part of the fun. But logic and appearance and evidence should intersect here some where. Pleze some one help me.

You got the idea I cut .1brass into 2 washers and slid over the barrel which was enough for the shroud to bottom out and put some tension on the barrel. Granted as you say it’s only 1 grub screw your pulling against so while you can’t gorilla grip things it does stiffen the barrel 

I did the same thing with a little nut that I ground down. It fits almost all the way inside my barrel tensioner so that I can tighten it by turning the carbon tube. Once it’s snugged down, it keeps everything tight so it’s super consistent.

Stoti

C993B53D-EC09-4017-AFAD-D0AAEA6D4302.1637775621.jpeg
612D850E-89C1-43EB-970A-EF1E65C52544.1637775871.jpeg

My problem was keeping it consistent from day to day. And I tend to switch ammo and calibers...

Yeah, in the past, my pursuit of the "Perfect" tune for my two RAWs (.22 & .25 caliber); I've changed scopes, pellets, hammer springs, reg. pressures, transfer ports sizes, regulator seat & valve poppet materials - all of which kept things changing. Now that the guns are tuned, I need to stick with the ideals on everything and just practice to really fine tune 100 yard accuracy/consistently. 

Otherwise, it's a never ending -> Tail Chase scenario of frustration ....

Reactions: golfer70
The 2nd and 3rd runs today. Light winds and full tank. I shot 6 times at each setting from 5.0.to 8.0 dialed back from full extension. even through the variable of wind, a clear pattern emerged.

7.2 to 7.3 showed the tightest group. Second test was run from 5.0.to 8.0 and third was run in reverse from 8.0.to 5.0. I shot from bipod and rear bag. Note, I am not the best shooter and I will never claim to be. I have a new rest arriving soon, and will re test for a 4 sample aggregate.