• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First Impressions 700mm smooth twist X

hvack

May 11, 2015
IN
I just got my 30 cal 700 mm x barrel on my impact, and have got to do some shooting . I must say I am very impressed so far . Hammer on max valve limiter on 4 reg at 140 bar. I get the 45 grainers moving at 920 fps 50 grainers at 875( 84-85 foot lbs). The 45 grainers are a little tighter groups. It is stacking them in one hole at 50 yards. I will take it out to 100 yards and beyond later. The standard dev is a lot better than my 25 cal regular smooth twist and it is more accurate ( 10 shot group es 2 sd 8 ). Has more of a kick as well .
What are you guys experience with your x barrels ? What speed have you found to be the most accurate ?

Ya I know ! lol Before I bought one I kept searching for feedback and you are right not a lot. That's why I felt compelled To start this thread . Hopefully this will fill up with more feedback as people start getting there barrels in. I will get a slug liner when they come out as well ! ;) I have never had a 30 cal air rifle before . Always had 25 cals. Man oh man is there a lot more power and kick. Kinda feels like firearm territory ! lol I've have other fx guns with smooth twist barrels , like bobcat and the longer x barrel feels different and you can see the groups are definitely tighter not just maybe but definitely . Like a laser beam. I will update on the longer ranges later .

Yes 920 fps with 45 g . reg set at 140 . If I turn the reg to max 150 it would be faster but I am thinking to leave well enough alone since its stacking them. 
1526217034_14130594075af8394af1a871.13784485_IMG_0380.PNG