• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First Hunt with FX Maverick Compact in .22

Took my new FX Maverick Compact in .22 out this last week. Went to my favorite dairy farm to see what it could do. Planning to do a formal review in the next two weeks or so. You have to stay focused when shooting it off shooting sticks as with it being so short it is easy to pull off the target. Longest shot was 50yds and the shortest was 20yds. Hope you enjoy and please let me know what you think :)

https://youtu.be/-BbfEmlGo0k

Good shooting on those birds. Loved the cat coming in for his share of the kills. Looks like a target rich environment. Have you gotten any rat action there?

Unfortunately NONE of the 8 dairy farms I have access to have any rats on them. :( As all of the barns are paved in concrete, there is no where for them to hide or make there underground dens.

I really enjoyed the video and commentary. Yes, that cat had a nice breakfast. Are you shooting 18.3 grain Jsbs?

I find it funny though, we are complaining about no rats at permissions, but I am sure the farmers aren’t. ;)

Yes. I am shooting the 18.3 JSB's. Yeah, they are happy when I let them know that I never see any. LOL