First hiccup with my GX-CS4

If poking it just unplugged the opening of crud, the crud is still in the system.
If I was able to see down into the tank I might want to suction it out with a rubber bulb or a siphon. Otherwise it will possibly happen again.
Yep, when the LEDs arrive I'm going to flush the system with some white vinegar and then fresh distilled water to ensure all the "crap" is out of the system!

Reactions: Airgun Al
That's a pretty cool idea, do you know if the fittings are the correct size for the water lines?
Well no .. I just used it for example sake .. I was just also looking at inline aquarium water filters and seen one look handy but it was a uk item lol ..

Like this
th-191870010.jpg

( Looks like a mower fuel filter 🤔)

Anyway you got to match up you sizes needed ..

Here's something

Last edited:
I'm thinking another good flush should do the trick. There was probably still some debris in the system after the first flush that finally was dislodged. It's a closed system, so once all the crap is removed, it's not likely to have new crap introduced to the system like a fuel system that has fuel added on a regular basis.

Nice. I like to go overboard on things like that. Even though I sit at my compressor as it fills, watching a pressure gauge for the moment to stop (no auto shutoff on my compressor) it would be cool if that flow indicator had a way of visually, like an LED or audibly indicated a stoppage. Either way, I like it. Somebody probably makes one.
When I had an Omega Aircharger I always looked into the reservoir tank two or three times per session to see the water return line flowing coolant back into the reservoir. I don’t recall if it had a thermal cut off in the event of over heating.
I have some fiberoptic sensors that could be rigged on something like that to beep like a heartbeat that could let you know it’s rotating.

Reactions: Healthservices
Last edited:
Reactions: Healthservices
If poking it just unplugged the opening of crud, the crud is still in the system.
If I was able to see down into the tank I might want to suction it out with a rubber bulb or a siphon. Otherwise it will possibly happen again.
It's not "crud". It's just bubbles in the line, easy to dislodge by powering off and on a couple of times.

Ahhh. So that’s the “burping” someone mentioned.
Yes sir! A common thing with these compressors if you lay it on its side and the water level isn't topped up completely; it introduces air into the line going to the pump. It's a very weak pump, and cannot draw water quickly enough to overcome said bubble. But easy to resolve via a stick or cycling the pump.

Reactions: rcs9250
Thus the reason I like to add a temperature gauge to these compressors that don't come with one. Sure, it has a sensor attached to it, but I have no idea what temp that's set at and if it will prevent damage. Maybe it's a control thing, but I know the normal operating range of this compressor, so when it started approaching it way before it should, I shut it down and starting looking for the reason why!
65° C. Easily readable on the sensor.