First hand pumping

I felt that pain brother!!! When I bought my first pcp from a now good friend I didn’t have a way to fill it. He suggested a cheap hand pump off eBay which I quickly purchased before the arrival of the riffle. I thought hmm looks like a bike pump, shouldn’t be too bad. Yup it sucked! Really got hard to pump as I approached 200bar. But it got me going. Then I sprung for a yong heng compressor, again on eBay. Best investment ever… definitely suggest a water trap if you get one. Stay sharp man!

06BEB19B-CC29-4093-894A-9371EDBE046C.jpeg

I never get those stories :rolleyes: 200lb and cannot go past 3000 psi ?

I'm almost 60, 145 lb and I have no problem pumping to 250 BAR or 3600 psi

missinformation of that kind sure is fake news :ROFLMAO::LOL:
I hear ya but everyone's budget is a bit tighter these days so didn't want to risk it and I'm way out of shape to boot. At some point I will want one as a just incase backup.

I never get those stories :rolleyes: 200lb and cannot go past 3000 psi ?

I'm almost 60, 145 lb and I have no problem pumping to 250 BAR or 3600 psi

missinformation of that kind sure is fake news :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Could be wrong technique. I put the base of the pump on a bathroom scale while pumping to see how much force it really takes. at 3,000 PSI I noted around 130 lbs effort. That was only for the last stage of the stroke. Much lower for first and second stages. I still hate pumping...

Reactions: BurntDog
Could be wrong technique. I put the base of the pump on a bathroom scale while pumping to see how much force it really takes. at 3,000 PSI I noted around 130 lbs effort. That was only for the last stage of the stroke. Much lower for first and second stages. I still hate pumping...
Are you using a 3 or a 4 stage pump? My understanding is the more stages a pcp pump has the less effort it takes.

When I first got my Rapid MKII.... and a FX MKII Stirrup pump.. 400cc@3200psi
Yes the key to Pumping is Technique!! It all in the Legs!!! NO BACK.
But I would do about 25 to 30 strokes.... Let cool... also OPEN the Bleed-Screw to the Moisture Trap!!
I rather pump more than hurt my PCP with Moisture in IT!!!!!!
Remember it in the LEGS!! Good Luck, Pumping
Stuart

When you are dealing with HPA.. You inspect ALL equipment involved!!
Lines, Fittings Gauges, Filters...etc. Anything not looking normal..Replace it!
If it is not rated as a pressure vessel... bottle, tank, and gun... I would not leave Rated High pressure in them for extended period of time!

But with pump and compressors.. ALWAYS use the recommended Lubes!!!
I had a member on the Old AirgunAdvice site telling he was using light Machine oil on his stirrup pump!
I advised him to stop immediately and thoroughly Clean his pump...
Well he laughed at me, told me not to worry,, he has doing this for months...

Well the next time I heard from him... he posted a couple of photos...
On of his airgun bottle with the brass valve housing blown off!!
Next photo of a gash in his Foot!!

So Away respect HPA!!!!!

Stuart