• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First GX Failure.....NOT!

I thought I had the first failure of my three GX compressors, as it wouldn't go above about 90 bar. Dismantled the whole thing, and everything looked like new. After scratching my head for a while, I took the head off one of the others, no dice, then I took the piston out of it and swapped, no dice. At that point i knew it was the relief valve block, so I thought the easiest swap was to check the hose and gauge block by swapping......and a light bulb went on when I removed the good one. HA! My fault, I had taken the hose off the bad one to extend it, and lost the seal out of it. New seal, everything working as it should.

I use nitrogen exclusively and only fill rifle bottles up to 480cc, and everthing inside the most used compressor i have looked like brand new. The high pressure piston didn't even have any evidence of heat at all. These really are great compressors IF you're smart enough to use them :) I wanted to look inside them anyway, so it's a good deal.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369