• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First group in a month

Been sick with a sever intestinal infection and Pneumonia for a month. Health is great again, finally. So I got out the TX200 and shot some groups at fifty yards. Best one was 5 shot .368 ctc.. I believe I shoot better at fifty than thirty. I seem to concentrate on the way I grip it and shoulder it. Anyway, I just missed shooting. The weather was in the mid 50s and just a 3 mph breeze. That light wind is rare on this mountain top. Its usually 10mph and faster.

I just shoulder it lightly and I put a little more pressure on the grip. If you shoulder it too hard poi changes 2-3 inches. You don't want a death grip on the pistol grip. Just firm grip. I just experimented one day on poi when I would shoulder very and shoulder very light. I think very hard went low and very light went high. I then worked on the gripto see how that effected it. The last thing I did, was position of stock on my rest. I position The back of the fish scale checkering on the for arm . On the back of front rest, and the back of the pistol grip against the front of the rear Protector bag. I also put microfiber cloths on bogs bags to give the rifle some movement when firing. This set-up worked for my anschutz bench rifle .22, so I tried it on my air rifle.

"mrjohns"I just shoulder it lightly and I put a little more pressure on the grip. If you shoulder it too hard poi changes 2-3 inches. You don't want a death grip on the pistol grip. Just firm grip. I just experimented one day on poi when I would shoulder very and shoulder very light. I think very hard went low and very light went high. I then worked on the gripto see how that effected it. The last thing I did, was position of stock on my rest. I position The back of the fish scale checkering on the for arm . On the back of front rest, and the back of the pistol grip against the front of the rear Protector bag. I also put microfiber cloths on bogs bags to give the rifle some movement when firing. This set-up worked for my anschutz bench rifle .22, so I tried it on my air rifle.
Yep. Exact same thing here ... except for the microfiber cloth. I will give that a try. Good stuff.