• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

... first ground squirrel of 2021 ... Taipan Vet .25

I was sitting in my car at the GS filbert orchard and glassing the massive long piles of logs to milled and this guy popped up. Couldn't believe it since I hadn't seen one since early October 2020.

Got the Taipan out of the trunk and set up for a shot off the roof of the car... waited about ten minutes and he popped back up staring straight down the barrel. The sound of the Hades .25 hitting the head bones was AWESOME. First shot went through the top of the head and downwards then I shot him again, just wouldn't die and bleeding all over the place.

Took a pic and went to show the property owner some evidence of why it's good to allow me to shoot there and he was delighted. He's already shot two since I saw him a couple weeks ago.

This one was in the massive burn pile and had a dig there going into some scrap metal where they like to live.

Going back today.

GS.17022020.twin.oaks.1613659814.jpg