• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First FT match: What do you need to bring?

Beerthief, what is the thinking on pellets in a pouch, not a tin?
As far as pellet pouches go, I’ve found the Misenheimer?? leather belt pouch works great for me. Deep enough so doesn’t spill, opens easily and wide enough for easy access, out of the way on my right hip. Available from Airguns of Arizona. Works great for me. John

Sqwirl, I read that thread earlier this morning and concluded that I would need a full set of Samsonite luggage to pack all of the stuff.
--Just kidding of course! I am guessing that some folks just carry their stuff in the five-gallon bucket they with on with a padded seat or swivel seat -- although the swivel might introduce unwanted instability. I already have an adequate supply of instability, and I always have it with me. 😄
Dave, I might be dreaming to have a rifle set up for next Saturday's match in Boerne, but should be good to go on the 22nd at Arlington if everything comes together. Heck, my rifle won't arrive from the Netherlands until Monday. Still have to settle on and mount a scope, break in the rifle an d then work on the parallax wheel ranging data points.

Bring yourself and borrow a rifle. It will be much easier with a proven setup.

Reactions: Billinoregon
Following on Bvan's post. Show up and have an attitude for learning. You're not going to get yourself to where you want to be in one match, or one season. Every match, you pick something up. Pick the brains of the guys in your squad. They'll be happy to help. Lots to learn and lots of time to learn it. And, you can have fun, right from the get go!

Chas

Reactions: Billinoregon