• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First field day with JSAR Raptor

I received my .22 Raptor on Saturday afternoon, but I was attending a baseball game at the time so I didn't get to see it until Sunday morning. Waking up like a child on Christmas morning, I got into the box and started mulling over the beautiful piece. I hastily installed a BSA scope that I had set aside for it for break in and set up the chair for a sight in. After a few clips I had it shooting hole-in-hole at 25 yards.

I had a previously planned dove hunt with Steveoh and I was intending on using my FX Streamline .25. After the arrival/sight in of the Raptor I decided to go with it instead. What better way to break in a new gun than with some field use? Steveoh wasn't arriving until noon so I had a window of opportunity to get the Raptor up and running.

Driving up to the dairy, the Eurasian doves were everywhere around the grain barn. As soon as we got out, I took a shot at about 30 yards at a dove on a wire and WHACK!, first shot first kill. Great way to start. Steveoh set up his Born Wild Chair with the .25 Sumatra and I set my chair up with the Raptor. We had a steady stream of birds and we shot them from 15 yards out to 75 yards. We ended up with 22 doves in the cooler, a handful of pigeons, and innumerable starlings. A few doves landed on the tin roofs of the barns (helicoptering/angled falling from the wires) and a few others were also wounded and flew off or dropped in impossible-to-get-to locations. Since we were pesting, recovery wasn't as important as taking out the offending grain eaters.

The Raptor performed great and the shot count/magazine capacity is awesome. Very quiet gun and ergonomically really nice. One thing I noticed was how the accuracy got better and better the more pellets I shot. As expected, the break in period is highly important. The first couple of clips were erratic at 50 yards but then it started to settle down. I will be doing more range work in the coming days/weeks as time allows; have a fairly full schedule work-wise and it's also getting into the last couple of weeks of blacktail deer season so I'm a little focused on that.

Thank you Travis and crew for the great gun. It's all I was hoping for and more. Can't wait to learn more about it and see what it's capable of. I will post more results as I get them.

I haven't figured out how to post pics here on AGN. Thanks kkarmical for adding that link to the Guild. As far as groups go, it would be highly unfair to the gun and JSAR to post pics of groups prior to the gun being broken in. I literally have less than a half tin through it and it may need three to four tins before it settles down. Good enough for now to plink some pests at short range and get a feel for the gun when not on the bench, but not good enough to demonstrate or represent the accuracy.

I will post more results with chrony numbers, comments, and groups as I get time to do so.

I haven't figured out how to post pics here on AGN. Thanks kkarmical for adding that link to the Guild.

Your welcome for the link.

1567531144_15806220635d6ea0888fd7a3.32885734_20190903_101711.jpg

To add pictures just hit this. Once you have it down I find this forum to be the easiest to post picture's to.