First eleven shots from my new FX Boss from Derrick W.

Fuss, the dip is called Kryptec Typhon.

Congrats on getting your first under 1” 5-shot group at 100 yards. It looks like it could be a 5/8” ctc group actually. Can’t wait for you to put a clean target up and give it another go when you can and the conditions are right. Enjoy.

Thanks Derrick, a little too windy to give it a go today. Been busy washing dogs and other stuff around the house. Then I had that chicken snake in the side yard eating a baby squirrel. Never seen anything like that before except on TV. I was wondering why my squirrel population wasn't exploding? I guess the hawks and snakes keep em thinned out?

I usually buy the medium UTG mounts, but need high mounts to use the magazine. Hoping the high UTG rings will work, or should I invest in some FX No Limits rings?

Yeah, I gotta order some pellets and rings and get a clean target so I can join the "NUAH" club over at GTA! LOL

My cats were impressed with the snake.

1561680716_15662543415d155b4c0d6377.35411370_65952274_2606126479398982_3637511096945868800_n.jpg
1561680729_14432544315d155b59e829f2.35953379_65563174_2606126399398990_6269618054099894272_n.jpg

Congrats on the airgun purchase, nice rifle. Derrick is a great gentleman to do business with. If he says it shoots it will. Nice groups!

Thanks Jammin, and he packs stuff really well to. When I was opening the box and all the shrink wrap on the gun, I was thinking wow, this is like those child proof/ tamper proof hard to open medicine bottles! LOL Derrick is a class act all the way!

I'll second that on Derrick. Took me 1/2 hour to unwrap the package when I got my .22 EDgun R3 Long from him. He had the gun tuned to shoot the RD Monsters at around 925 FPS, and very close to MOA at 100 yards, with an absolutely perfect trigger. And if you know EDguns, you know how hard it is to get that trigger to be a light two stage masterpiece... I came in third (out of 28) at the Temecula, CA Long Range Challenge (shooting clay pigeons - no bench, no bipod - at 115 yards in the wind) two weeks after I got the gun. Plus, we attended RMAC together. Not only is he a very good tuner, he's also a great shot, and one of the fastest shooters there at RMAC, where he finished 4th on the Pro Class Speed Challenge.

Fuss, thanks. I've only bought one new one since I started shooting, and I've bought quite a few over the past three years (25?). Be careful if you haven't dealt with the seller before. What one person thinks is "excellent", or "accurate" isn't necessarily how you would define those terms. When I hear or read "accurate", I think five shot groups inside a dime at 50 yards. Some might call a quarter sized five shot group at 50 yards accurate - I call that fix it or sell it. ;) I'd say 90% of the time, the guns are either in very good shape, or can be easily fixed with a tune and re-seal. 

There is the occasional one that looks like it was left in a damp corner in some dark basement for five years before being sold. I got one of those last year, and luckily it was a Cricket and easy to tune, rebuild and re-seal. The guy had used silicone sealer inside the gun to try and stop slow leaks... Yep, you heard that right. Broke it down to component pieces, cleaned EVERYTHING including the cocking and trigger assemblies, disassembled and rebuilt regulator, valve and transfer port, springs, scrubbed barrel and inside moderator, scrubbed stock, added pic rail and a few other items, soup to nuts. Took all morning one Saturday. Put it all back together, cleaned it up, and it was your typical Cricket tack driver with JSB Kings at 960 FPS. But that was my worst case by far. Sold it to a horse rancher in Descanso CA and he's been schwacking ground squirrels at up to 125 yards for a year now, no problems. In the seller's defense, it was VERY cheap, and came with the scope and mounts you see in the photo (Hawke Endurance).

This is the "after" picture...

1561752984_9437769255d167598bca867.31110857_Cricket .25 .jpg

Thanks Mike, yes I will usually buy from someone like you or or Derrick who has a great reputation with tuning, resealing, and refurbing .

I've also bought and sold some fine guns locally that I was able to hold and shoot before I bought.

This is what I'm down to right now.

.177 FX Logun (20 FPE) w/ BSA 6-24X44
.177 Thomas FT(20 FPE) w/Sightron SIII 10-50x60 Scope set up for FT
.22 Wolverine B (27 FPE) For Sale locally hopefully
.22 Colibri (32 FPE) w/ BSA 6-24X44
.22 Cricket Pup (45 FPE) w/Mueller 8-32X44
.30 FX Boss (75 FPE) w/Sightron SIII 10-50x60

Got another Sightron SIII 10-50x60 that's ready for the next gun, but I need to send it off to Sightron and have it reparallaxed for 100 yd shooting. It's set up for field target and will only focus from 9yds to 60 yds as is. But if I get a gun that I don't plan to shoot past 60 yds I'll stick with it as is. I'm just into the hundred yd shooting because it seems to have escaped my capabilities until now. My back yard is only cleared to roughly 60 yds and the other 40 yds is a trail through the woods to place the 100 yd targets.

When I part with the Wolverine B, it's gonna be tough decision whether to get another .30 or go with a .25 like I planned. I dunno....I might be able to skip the .25 cal after shooting the Boss?

Of course it would be nice to have two of each caliber? LOL

Fuss

Nice collection... I have a few .25s and really like them. I have a .25 Veteran Shorty that is my night ratting gun, and a .25 Vulcan Tactic that has turned out to be a laser beam, and is my Speed gun. Had some troubles with it initially, but its pretty much as accurate as my .22 Cricket mini Carbine now. I also have a power tuned .25 EDgun R5M that I'll be selling in a month or so, and I just bought a used (all above are used) .25 Cricket pup I'm going to power tune for 34 grain heavies at 940 to 950 FPS, and do a run off against my .30 Bobcat in the wind where I shoot at 100 yards multiple times this Summer to see which one I shoot at EBR 75 and 100 yards. That's three "keeper" .25s and one to sell. Not that I don't like it, but I can't get used to the R5M cocking, especially when I'm used to the Vulcan (it feels like I'm going from a new Lexus to a 1960 Chevy pickup truck when I shift from the Vulcan to the EDgun)...

Yep, that's what turned me off my R5M, the crappy cocking. I kept comparing it to to my butter smooth cocking lever on the Colibri. If I wouldn't have had that to compare to, I probably wouldn't have known the difference? But you're absolutely right in comparing from "Lexus to 60 Chevy"

I guess if I was to ever ever try a speed event it would have to be with my Colibri? Very very consistent on blasting grapes at 50 yds.

Look forward to your EBR exploits and hope Derrick makes it as well.

Derrick is liable to have one of those Rangatangs by then? "Uragan"