First day with the Red Wolf

Bit of a rough start- extended Foster fitting you need for filling was nowhere to be found, & the 0DB moderator ordered with it is a .25 instead of the .177/.22 😒. No worries- spoke to the vendor & they're taking care of it, new package already on the way. Meanwhile, found a female Foster in my collection that is a hair longer than the others. It's just long enough to connect & disconnect, so all is well.

Couple young bucks showed up to check out the action.
PXL_20220816_000114989.jpg

Got the scope mounted & set up my makeshift "bench" to get a rough zero at what turned out to be 30 yards. Top hole is the first shot, the next few bounced around the X as I adjusted until satisfied. Then shot 7 (or 8, lost count) at the "9", pretty happy with that! Should've tried a group at 50 since the wind was almost zero, but was anxious to try some offhand. All shooting with JSB 10.34 tonight.
PXL_20220816_001510656.jpg

Shoot a lot offhand, & always worry about how I'll mesh with it in that position when I haven't fired one previously. Happy to report that after a few quick stock adjustments, it's going to work out just fine.
PXL_20220816_001520037_4.jpg

A bit heavier than I'm used to, which is a good thing. 9 lbs 14 oz as shown. Moderator is a Buckrail I have that was homeless. (Compared it to the .25 0DB, & they were about equal in sound- it's really quiet!) Once the correct 0DB gets here & I put it on, along with the Sightron side wheel, will probably weigh in a bit over 10 lbs.
PXL_20220816_000319632.jpg

That trigger... oh my. First electronic trigger & it's different, but boy do I like it! Have had the pleasure of owning some guns with great triggers- Taipan Veteran & Anschutz 1712 come to mind -but this may already be my favorite.
Much more "work" to be done...
- Verify my scope leveling job is spot on
- Compare 10.34 & 13.43 (both OG & RD) accuracy on High power
- Test 8.44 pellets on low power
- Chronograph strings
- Fine tune zero if necessary
- Possibly fine tune comb/buttpad adjustments
- Get dope out to 55
- Get parallax side wheel marked
- Maybe try my hand at field target???

First, going to get a tin or so through her as currently set up to get past any settling in period, & to get completely comfortable with the rifle.

Mine loves the JSB redesign 13.43 on low power, just a little pop and incredible accuracy out to 70 yards in no wind.
And hundreds of shots on low power too.
It does just as well with the 16.20 beast on mid power.
And the 13.43 knock out slugs on high power are mind blowing!
They slice through the wind way better than I thought they would.
I’ve stopped experimenting with it and now mostly shooting the redesign monster at close range and the knock out slugs at long range.
It’s almost always the rifle I pick up when it’s time for a shooting session.
Believe it or not but I’ve had to charge the battery three times since I got the rifle but only because I shoot it so much.
This rifle continues to blow my mind each time I shoot.
Have a great time with yours.

@davelarson - Won't get quite the shots per fill that you do (this one is a standard, not HP), but your point is spot on... going through mags last night, would look at the display & see the pressure barely moving! Speaking of the battery- might try to find a LiPo batter tester. Charged it per instructions, two of the lights turned blue as expected but the third one never did. No idea if it was fully charged. The included charger does not do much to inspire confidence, might replace it too if not crazy expensive.

@Keyman62421 - I always check on the origin of those things. Have had TERRIBLE luck with anything HPA related made in a certain country, be it fittings, hoses, compressor... know that others have had a better experience, but I've been burned enough to swear off buying more.

Get a 700cc bottle and you will be shocked at the shot count!
If you want more adjustability look at getting an Heliboard.
Mine is in .22 so a little different, but still a great shooter with a few different weights of pellets.

Should be able to get a single hole out to 50 yards and very tight groups out to 100 as well.

Reactions: wolfmangreg
Beautiful gun. My personal preference for the RW's is the walnut stock... or the Safari. The laminate is beautiful but a little too much for me. The walnut to me says 'working gun.'

I agree on the trigger. Sometimes it is hard to go back to mechanical ones after shooting the RW's for a while. Short lock time on the Daystate electronic guns contributes to accuracy.

I've got a walnut standard and an HP, both in .22 cal. I will have to say that the standard comes out to play a little more often due to its more convenient length. And the fact that it still makes excellent power, even with its shorter barrel.

Reactions: wolfmangreg
Beautiful gun. My personal preference for the RW's is the walnut stock... or the Safari. The laminate is beautiful but a little too much for me. The walnut to me says 'working gun.'

I agree on the trigger. Sometimes it is hard to go back to mechanical ones after shooting the RW's for a while. Short lock time on the Daystate electronic guns contributes to accuracy.

I've got a walnut standard and an HP, both in .22 cal. I will have to say that the standard comes out to play a little more often due to its more convenient length. And the fact that it still makes excellent power, even with its shorter barrel.
Was torn about the stock choice. Laminate durability is a plus & it looks pretty good, maybe a bit glossy for my taste. In the end, I'm a walnut guy at heart.
Also considered the HP, but didn't have a pressing need for the extra power. Think Daystate is wise to offer both, between the two it covers a lot of shooting niches. A good thing, especially when price is already limiting the potential customer base (let's face it, these are obscenely expensive!). With the rifle in hand, think I made the right choice there. Just don't think the extra power, length, & weight would be of much benefit for the shooting I do. Has to be the cat's meow though, for long range shooting from the bench! Long range pesting too.