• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First day with Panthera .30 700mm

I guess the real question would be if you base your position on one rifle or wait to see what others may have to say. The video I posted earlier shows an extremely different perspective in comparison to this rifle, albeit .25 versus .30.
If you have any experience with slugs you know they are not pellets and to that fact shoot like them. One can shoot pellets exceptionally well and may not have the same success with slugs.
I am definitely not negating the OP’s experience with his rifle but just not making an overall decision on all of the rifle’s because his isn’t what he expected. Sometimes waiting is better than being first…
This is just one data point of many to come with the Panthera .30, and defiantly should not be considered any kind of definitive statement on the gun. I wanted to beat my maverick against a tree multiple times on my first couple of months with it. Now it shoots MOA groups every time inside 60yds and I wouldn’t sell it for 5k. Time will tell. I wonder if for some reason the .30 is less accurate than the .22 since that’s all they really showed in the marketing material

Reactions: ram2jeep
Imo the issue is defending bad design and attacking others that disagree, which happens a lot here. I dont mind being the "worst guy" I have a thick skin :devilish:

And the entertaining part to me is the misunderstanding some people have while calling other people names.
In this specific thread and at the time that you made this comment:

"Funny to see all the FX fan bois in full force lol. The last part of your post is the best part, oh the irony :ROFLMAO:"

I see one post up to that point that even remotely resembles a fan boi post - every other post was either critical of the design or a relatively neutral, well reasoned or thought out reply. So I'm just curious where "all the FX fan bois" are that were coming out in "full force" to defend this bad design? Seems to me that this was more of an exercise to call people FX fan bois just because you can and/or because it's perceived to be a cool thing to do?

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
I don't know which of the following is worse:
-being an actual FX fan boi -OR-
-being labeled an FX fan boi the second you open your mouth to say anything positive about anything FX -OR-
-being the guy that calls everyone that has a single positive thing to say about FX an FX fan boi
Worse is to have paid 2.3 k for getting headaches than take away your peace and having to say everybody that you are having fun and that you love your rifle.

Worse is to have paid 2.3 k for getting headaches than take away your peace and having to say everybody that you are having fun and that you love your rifle.
Who does that? Most every purchaser unhappy with their $2k+ rifle purchase (if they take the time to post about it at all) will post a thread to bitch and moan about all of the things they're unhappy about - not about how much fun they're having with it or how much they love it.

It was tunned for that speed with the 61.5 grainers. Not just slugs randomly througn it. Groups were way worse than what is pictured before tunning to that speed.
I'm just saying. My m3 .25 in it's current state of parts make up wouldnt group for poop at any speed with 33.5g, 36g, 38g, 40g... But 46g at 910 were sub moa. But my other liner without any of my other do dad's would shoot anything MOA @100y from 33.5g slugs to 25g pellets. Sometimes ya just got to find the slug and tune that produces happy harmonics.

I went with the .22 for 3 reasons... One, I have a die to swage slugs for .22/.25. (and my m3 is a .25.. so get what I don't have). Two, it's quiet obvious FX and their little YouTube hounds are pretty 99% of their time into the .22 so I would figure it would be the most figured out caliber when it came to their barrels and what not. Three, .30 is just a air hog and these guns already have a baby bottle.

I'm just saying. My m3 .25 in it's current state of parts make up wouldnt group for poop at any speed with 33.5g, 36g, 38g, 40g... But 46g at 910 were sub moa. But my other liner without any of my other do dad's would shoot anything MOA @100y from 33.5g slugs to 25g pellets. Sometimes ya just got to find the slug and tune that produces happy harmonics.

I went with the .22 for 3 reasons... One, I have a die to swage slugs for .22/.25. (and my m3 is a .25.. so get what I don't have). Two, it's quiet obvious FX and their little YouTube hounds are pretty 99% of their time into the .22 so I would figure it would be the most figured out caliber when it came to their barrels and what not. Three, .30 is just an air hog and these guns already have a baby bottle.
Thanks for sharing what you went through slug tuning. That’s very helpful as I’m learning this gun. One thing that has surprised me with slugs so far is that I have had them shoot decent between 930 to 950 ish, then accuracy degrades, and some then are accurate again at 1000 plus fps. I would probably rather have the .22 for the reasons you stated, but in my state for the Airgun hunting I like to do it has to be .30 cal.

Lets ALL keep in mind that:
PCP air rifles of this power level / potential are still in there infancy & especially when being sold & marketed as HIGH PRECISION / ACCURACY.

Such power in a pcp is nothing new with many "HUNTING" platforms making equal too or more power !! They are typically used well inside 100 yards providing enough accuracy to harvest game animals.

This STRETCH THE RANGE way out there makes it a fresh new game & challenge to get it right !! ... IMO :rolleyes: