• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch First Day Shooting New HW30S

I’ve had to ask the forum quite a few questions to get to this stage and I thank all those that took the time to give me advice. I don’t know anyone with an air rifle so I’m very indebted to this group of guys and forum. My setup is the HW30S with a HAWKE 2-7x32 Vantage AO. I have cheap Target Match single screw mounts med height, not even a recoil pin 🫤 (that‘s all I could find and it will do for now until my store gets a nice one piece in). Pellets today were H&N Field Target Trophy 4.5mm 8.64 grn. My gun, out of the box, zeroed at 20 yards. It took about 20 shots to zero (forgot to adjust the parallax in my first 3 shots😂). This is my last 2 - 5 shot groups. Both can be covered with a dime and my last on the right, 3 pellets through the same hole. I’m an old geezer that had lense replacement surgery for cataracts 3 months ago. Powder burner for 50 years. This is going to be much fun! Better late than never! Beyond my expectation results. What distances do other .177 HW30/R7 normally shoot for targets?

IMG_0477.jpeg

IMG_0478.jpeg

Expect the best.....and you got it in spades...love the HW30s...my fav....looks like you have a good performing pellet....I use the 7.33 JSB exact....but why switch if you hit success.....my range is 22 yds. for practice.
Thanks! I also bought a can of the JSB exact 7.33! Also I’ll try the JSB exact 8.44. I’m really happy other shooters love the HW30s. It won Out hands down while I was researching which rifle and caliber to buy. I don’t plan on hunting, targets only so It’s all I need.

I normally shoot groups with my Hw30s at 25 yards. They can hang with the best of my Weihrauchs at that distance. I've shot groups at 30 yards without problem.

As Keene said half inch at those distances is realistic on a calm day with practice. I don't normally shoot groups past that. Soda cans at 75 or even 100 are quite doable in good conditions with a scope. It's a total hoot.

I have ten Weihrauch rifles across three calibers. Three rifles are 177 Hw30s. One's my wife's. I use my two 30s more than the rest combined. My peep sighted 30 is my most fun rifle. Including powder burners.

Stay with JSB 7.33 and 8.44 or FTTs and you'll have great accuracy and never need to clean the barrel l. The 7.33 JSBs or the rebranded AA clones typically work best in these guns.

Keep the stock screws tight and enjoy your new gun.

I normally shoot groups with my Hw30s at 25 yards. They can hang with the best of my Weihrauchs at that distance. I've shot groups at 30 yards without problem.

As Keene said half inch at those distances is realistic on a calm day with practice. I don't normally shoot groups past that. Soda cans at 75 or even 100 are quite doable in good conditions with a scope. It's a total hoot.

I have ten Weihrauch rifles across three calibers. Three rifles are 177 Hw30s. One's my wife's. I use my two 30s more than the rest combined. My peep sighted 30 is my most fun rifle. Including powder burners.

Stay with JSB 7.33 and 8.44 or FTTs and you'll have great accuracy and never need to clean the barrel l. The 7.33 JSBs or the rebranded AA clones typically work best in these guns.

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely take note. This forum is amazing with all the experience available that are willing to provide answers and advice.

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely take note. This forum is amazing with all the experience available that are willing to provide answers and advice.

Reactions: Keene and sekiar