First day of 2023 at the bench today

Peashooter

Apr 9, 2021
Denmark
Relegated to my Vulcan 3 i took to the field for a few hours today, and found out that shooting 50 M the Vulcan like the 10.43gr air arms pellets, it also like the Monster redesigns, hell even a tin of H&N Barracuda pellets performed not at all unreasonable, though i think for those a little more tuning would be in order.

There was a little wind most of the times so it was not pellet on pellet at 50 M but it was quite encouraging i have to say, i did manage several times to get 3 pellets in a row to stack up in a single hole, and also often managed to hit exactly where i aimed. but when shooter and wind was expecially not in sync well the new holes appeared just 1.5" or so from POA so not bad for a novice shooter in the wind.

I even shot our spinner way out at 65 ish Meters, hitting the 1.5 inch paddles on it was not entirely impossible, but shooting the MRD pellets you did have to account for wind.
I even shot to the way in the back of the field ( 75 / 80 M ) and managed to hit a playing card sized target there a few times without too much grief.

Mind you i do think i have to make a slight adjustment on the regulator for a little more working pressure, CUZ with the hammer maxed out i was not able to get to more than 875 FPS with the 13.43 grain monster redesigns, and i think that a little more pressure would also be needed if i was to try 16 gr beasts and slugs too.
So i will reach for the regulator tomorrow,and see if i can find 5 - 10 BAR.

Also spoke to my dealer on Monday and i was promised i can pick up my Maverick very soon, i assume he also clean it off the dust CUZ the rifle have been there for 4 months.
In the future i will have to insist i do repairs on the rifle myself CUZ this particular FX dealer, well i dont think he are 100 % mechanically inclined with a simple job as a cocking handle replacement taking this long.

Next Sunday,,,, weather looking very nice so far, so probably more pneumatic pew - pew in the immediate future.

Also on Tuesday, ordered nice 4 Cylinder compressor, looking forward to that arriving and filling bottles with it. No more relying on the dive store or kindred air gunning spirits.

O BTW i tried my new moderator from Huma on the Vulcan 3, but as the rifle already have a moderator build in, well i couldn't really tell of there was any difference in the report, but the short .177 caliber Vulcan 3 do look a lot better when the " barrel " are 4" longer.
Also it make installing the FX crono more easy as stock the crono have to be off to the side as the bottle reach about as far forward as the 530 mm barrel + build in moderator are.
With the " extension " the extra moderator give i can have the FX crono under the barrel in front of the air tank.

It work just fine with the crono offset 90 deg to the side, it just look stupid.

Last edited:
The 4 cylinder Tuxing one, the bigger 3 Cylinder ones still deliver the same amount of air, and then the price go up to where i might as well buy a Coltri as the price are the same then.

Set me back 1200 EURO dollars. but thats still 1000 less then a Coltri.

TUXING-300Bar-4500PSI-High-Pressure-Diving-Compressor-Gasoline-Compressor-Scuba-Breathing-Snor...png

It aint a big deal, but for boosting a bottle or two from 200 to 300 and 100 to 200 BAR once every month, i think it will be just fine.

The 4 cylinder Tuxing one, the bigger 3 Cylinder ones still deliver the same amount of air, and then the price go up to where i might as well buy a Coltri as the price are the same then.

Set me back 1200 EURO dollars. but thats still 1000 less then a Coltri.

View attachment 346192

It aint a big deal, but for boosting a bottle or two from 200 to 300 and 100 to 200 BAR once every month, i think it will be just fine.
Very nice!

Not that i have looked very much, but i have not stumbled on any hate speeches about the Tuxing compressor, so i figure it will be alright boosting 1-2-3 / 12 L bottles a month, that i assume are like idling.

Danish weather gurus have the wind for Sunday pegged at 2 M/s ( average winds ) which are not at all bad, actually just about as good as it get here.
So i am ready to shoot again, and i did tinker a little with the Vulcan 3 yesterday, so i will stock up on some pellets, and throw in some other ones, and then off to the "range " we go.

Now that i have ordered a compressor, and i sort of knew this would happen, well now aside for buying a new air rifle, i also like to pick up a 9 L all carbon fiber bottle.
No matter what, at the very best that would be X-mas present for myself as i do not save that fast.
But then again i do have a savings account in the bank ( the other savings i am talking about are just my piggy bank savings ) and that account in the bank, it would easy buy a new rifle and a 9 L bottle, but i am trying very hard to be a adult about that account as it is the one that will finance me changing apartment ASO at some point.
That bank account also the one that have to put down the down payment on what i assume will be my last car in 2-3-4 years time when the current one give up or start to ask for expensive major repairs.