• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First Cleaning

I probably have shot 1300 pellets with my Crosman 1377 and have been reading and watching various info on whether to clean or not to clean. I am not new to firearms but I have not had an air rifle in over 50 years or more and never an air pistol. I read where some said initial cleaning but I didn’t do that either. This thing has always shot accurate from 25-30 yards from this rest even with stock trigger. It did not like the Crosman 7.9 grain hollow points which is what had me trying various brands and all were accurate but some remarkable. It seems like the 8 and heavier were best and domed the most. Well I decided on some Swab-it’s for the first cleaning and it was dirty. This was the first pull from breech to muzzle. I ran 3 with cleaner and 3 dry and the last was clean. Finally got to shoot a few and damn it even shot the Crosman hollow points and at 25 and 30 was shooting 1/2 inch groups. These cleaning tips are nice, hard to get to start in the chamber but once in they go very smooth. Chipmunks better beware, 31 down with a dirty barrel this thing will really lay waste when they show up this spring. 😏. Also, waiting on the Crosman Two Stage Trigger, should be here in a few more days. I have the need hammer from AlchemyAirworks just waitin.

IMG_6224.jpeg

Stick with the Ballistol, it's safer on the o rings and it works well. I'm using the crown saver brand pull threw from Mc1 airguns. A wet patch or three and then dry pull to perfection. I wipe down the entire rifle with it after every session and I clean the barrel when new and if the accuracy is off. Kinda has a turpentine & piney smell, but maybe that's just me. I'm also not allowed to have sharp things. 🙃

Reactions: drjjpdc78