• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

First big game with my Piledriver

Idaho allows air guns for hunting so I thought I’d see how bear hunting would go. I set out a bait and had bears in a couple days. The big guys only came in the middle of the night but there were some pretty ones in the day. One small red with a white chest but he got a pass for next year. The sow and cubs spent a lot of time emptying my bait. Finally got a nice big black to come in right at dark but he was very skittish and didn’t give me a clean shot. The next evening he did a repeat of coming in and getting scared and running off. Didn’t take him too long until he was back and this time he gave me a nice broadside shot. Bad idea for him. Double lung shot at 65 yards from the ground blind. He only went 21 yards!
250 pounds, 6 feet nose to tail
Piledriver 457, Mr Hollowpoint 365
IMG_6367.jpeg

Attachments

• DSCF0831.jpeg
    DSCF0831.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Took the hide to the taxidermist to get tanned and skull done. He was a fighter and had lots of scars and wounds. Probably wouldn’t make a good rug but I can change my mind anytime. Plus I already have a nice rug and a 1/2 body mount on the way ( last year’s bear)

The news just gets better all the time. I found out today that I was successful in the draw for moose. Short range weapon only moose hunt! Air rifles qualify! Also pistols, muzzleloader , shotgun slugs, and bows. Statistically high success rates in this area. Wish me luck. I plan to do a better job of documenting the moose hunt than I did with the bear.

Last edited:
Took the hide to the taxidermist to get tanned and skull done. He was a fighter and had lots of scars and wounds. Probably wouldn’t make a good rug but I can change my mind anytime. Plus I already have a nice rug and a 1/2 body mount on the way ( last year’s bear)

The news just gets better all the time. I found out today that I was successful in the draw for moose. Short range weapon only moose hunt! Air rifles qualify! Also pistols, muzzleloader , shotgun slugs, and bows. Statistically high success rates in this area. Wish me luck. I plan to do a better job of documenting the moose hunt than I did with the bear.
Great hunt & shot . Hope your moose hunt is successful !

Reactions: gendoc