Tuning first attempt in making a carbon liner housing for the dreamline

Hi,

it replaces the steel liner housing and the aluminium shroud but this first version is not a shroud:

Carbon v1.0.1617437578.JPG

the factory steel barrel housing and aluminium shroud:

Factory Version.1617437769.JPG

carbon housing 1.1617437951.JPG

i made a sleeve / insert with 1/2" UNF threads glued it into the carbon barrel to use the original "barrel retaining nut". 

carbon housing 2.1617438153.JPG

i also made a sleeve / insert mit M13x1 threats to match the factory parts

comparision 1.1617438464.JPG
comparision 2.1617438464.JPG

my carbon housing has the same outer diameter like the fx shroud 20mm

Carbon Housing 3.1617438634.JPG

next step would be to make a version with some chambers for sound reduction 

Nice work. Will there be any liner support like the O-rings use to do between the liner and the ID of CF tube? Interesting... 

jking

Yeah, i ordered some O-Rings. quite unusual sizes but i hope they will fit.

Liner 7mm OD, CF Housing 18mm ID

i also made an aluminium version for the 1/2" steel (heavy) barrel / liner clamping nut

its not yet finished because i have to make a tool for the lathe to cut the two o-ring groves inside the barrel nut. there are 2 o-rings placed inside.

if you ever got problems with accuracy i recommend to check these 2 o-rings. they are important for a correct centered liner!

some more pictures coming in a few days.

so far the weight reduction is very nice. the dreamline is allready a light weight rifle in my opionion and such a huge weight saving is really nice to have!

Liner O-Ring.1619260786.jpg

O-Rings arrived. they would fit perfect but i cant get them in. forget about how big they are

for now i have to use my liner housing without o-rings until i find a solution to fit them in.

when different length .177 will be availbe, i will be very happy to try them out without buying the expensive FX liner housings / shrouds.

DOH, I hate when that happens