First AEA Zeus Kill (VERY GRAPHIC)

This is my first kill with the AEA Zeus. It may be first reported Zeus kill. The prey was a 75 lb feral hog sow at 48 yds. The bullet was a 630g MrHollowPoint slug at a chronograph proven 1000+ fps. The impact was high shoulder then shattering spine. The bullet lodged in opposite shoulder and was fully mushroomed. The hog, of course, dropped in its tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CEn-LCD-_E&t=55s

The next photos show the entrance wound. The a huge cavity where the missile exited the shoulder and hit thoracic vertebral column. Finally there is a shot of the recovered projectile with and unfired bullet and a quarter for comparison.

IMG_5337.1628995315.jpg
IMG_5325.1628995325.jpg
IMG_5330.1628995335.jpg

The Zeus is very accurate with MrHollowPoint's 630g. The bullet expands to over an inch and typically does not exit a hog sized target. The gun is very heavy so I strongly advice investing in a sling. A booster pump will also be very helpful if you want to shoot consistently at max power. I have additional kills from my hunt that I will be posting over the next few days.

Very impressive results. Amazing the bullet stays in one piece. 

When after hogs is there a preferable size for the best eating or does it matter?

I used to think the smaller ones were the best 50-100 lbs (and you will hear that alot), but a much more seasoned hunter explained that the big ones are excellent too provided they have a good diet and free of disease. He said some of the best meat he had tasted was from 200-300 lbs that had been gorging pecans. I am just passing that along. I have not killed a pig over 130 lbs.