• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Firehouse SCBA valve getting wonky _ Help!

I have several Drager carbon fiber 88 cu ft I believe, 4500 psi bottles causing me a problem. Recently I am unable to slowly open them to fill my guns. They are not releasing air until I turn the knob(existing CGA347 on the tank) farther than I had to before, and then release air WAY to quickly. I have to be very careful and be ready to turn the knob towards closed, in an attempt to slowly fill them. I have the cheap ebay filling adapter on them, always worked fine (threads on to the tanks cga347 valve on top).

Solutions I've come up with:

1. Joe Brancato's $489 regulator...ouch

2. Joe's $229 each TJ3 Dual gauge valve...X 5 tanks...ouch

3. Ebay $50-60 fill adapter that replaces entire part that threads into the tank, like Joes TJ3, hopefully its valve is more precise, BUT I can't find one in 7/8 thread for my tanks.

Anyone have any suggestions, or ways you've overcome this problem?

Thank you,

Dan

PS: it may take a day or so for me to reply...work sucks

i built this to make fills alot more controllable .. 40$ for the valve on ebay then several fittings and a gauge ..its real handy, i use it every time .. i can just leave it hooked up to the bottle and the bottle on till im done shooting ...

20220102_154814.1641156860.jpg

Sounds like the Delrin seal is getting worn out, you could replace the seal, but I doubt if you could buy one, you most likely have to make it yourself, you could make a restrictor from brass bar stock and fit it in the pipe fitting on the manifold, you would have to play with the sealing so it only allows small amounts of air to bypass, or pay big money for a new manifold with built in restrictor.