Firefly 8se recording and editing video

slomo is recording high frames per sec and uses more space, so you get less recording time .. most cams i have i transfer with usb or you can pull the mem card and use a card reader .. and theres lots of editors and some are more intuitive than others, i use sony vegas, just about any vid editor though will have basic capabilities, its more a matter of learning how to manipulate and process video if you want to get fancy ...

Reactions: biohazardman
slomo is recording high frames per sec and uses more space, so you get less recording time .. most cams i have i transfer with usb or you can pull the mem card and use a card reader .. and theres lots of editors and some are more intuitive than others, i use sony vegas, just about any vid editor though will have basic capabilities, its more a matter of learning how to manipulate and process video if you want to get fancy ...

I Don't need to get fancy at all.

I just won't to do the basics on something easy to use.

I use corel VideoStudio

its way easier than say, Adobe Premiere (and about 1/15th the cost...) but it aint intuitive.

Last time I bought the Corel product ti was `80 bucks IIRC.

Lot of good stuff include,: fonts, video effects, transitions, easy voice overs.....

lot of info on YT about how to use it too.

I will check it out

Thank you 

I use corel VideoStudio

its way easier than say, Adobe Premiere (and about 1/15th the cost...) but it aint intuitive.

Last time I bought the Corel product ti was `80 bucks IIRC.

Lot of good stuff include,: fonts, video effects, transitions, easy voice overs.....

lot of info on YT about how to use it too.

Thanks

Davinci Resolve, they have a free version, a lot of tutorials on how to use it online...

Will check it out always nice if free

I capture in normal and do all my slo-mo work post-production. 

If you are editing on a PC, laptop or desktop computer you will want to pull the SD card from the camera and get yourself a reader for the editing station. It inserts in a free USB port and provides a slot for the SD card to be read by the PC and treated essentially like any other drive.

I use two tools mainly to do all of my video editing.

The first is DAVINCI RESOLVE 16
1596103268_12954509485f229a64a64845.99431949.jpg

DaVinci generally markets itself to high-end production professionals, which means they can afford to pack a lot of features into a free software. So when you download the free version of DaVinci Resolve, you are not downloading a trial; there is no expiration date or watermark on your export! You will have the tools to start creating professional-grade projects at your fingertips from the get-go. This includes not only editing software but also world-class color grading tools, a compositing program (DaVinci Fusion), and an audio editing program (DaVinci Fairlight).

The second which is my workhorse is Vegas Pro 18 Pro
[url="https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/sem/vegas-pro-edit/"]1596103278_2358162505f229a6e46bc14.19351737.jpg

You can get this editing software for a very very good price when the Humble Bundle deals come along. I have shared links to this deal in the past like in [url="https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/magix-vegas-pro-edit-14-sony-vegas-movie-editor-deal/"]#244384
VEGAS Pro 18 is here to make your video production more efficient than ever before. Explore multiple nested timelines, industry-leading HDR editing tools, and an easy-to-use, yet powerful color grading workflow. In combination with over 30 new features, VEGAS Pro 18 provides comprehensive workflow improvements that will supercharge your video production.

I hope this helps

I capture in normal and do all my slo-mo work post-production. 

If you are editing on a PC, laptop or desktop computer you will want to pull the SD card from the camera and get yourself a reader for the editing station. It inserts in a free USB port and provides a slot for the SD card to be read by the PC and treated essentially like any other drive.

I use two tools mainly to do all of my video editing.

The first is DAVINCI RESOLVE 16
1596103268_12954509485f229a64a64845.99431949.jpg

DaVinci generally markets itself to high-end production professionals, which means they can afford to pack a lot of features into a free software. So when you download the free version of DaVinci Resolve, you are not downloading a trial; there is no expiration date or watermark on your export! You will have the tools to start creating professional-grade projects at your fingertips from the get-go. This includes not only editing software but also world-class color grading tools, a compositing program (DaVinci Fusion), and an audio editing program (DaVinci Fairlight).

The second which is my workhorse is Vegas Pro 18 Pro
[url="https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/sem/vegas-pro-edit/"]1596103278_2358162505f229a6e46bc14.19351737.jpg

You can get this editing software for a very very good price when the Humble Bundle deals come along. I have shared links to this deal in the past like in [url="https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/magix-vegas-pro-edit-14-sony-vegas-movie-editor-deal/"]#244384
VEGAS Pro 18 is here to make your video production more efficient than ever before. Explore multiple nested timelines, industry-leading HDR editing tools, and an easy-to-use, yet powerful color grading workflow. In combination with over 30 new features, VEGAS Pro 18 provides comprehensive workflow improvements that will supercharge your video production.

I hope this helps

Thank you for the great information.

@Hajimoto Have you upgraded to Davinci 17 yet? If so have you had any issues with bugs?

I went to 17 3 times throughout its evolution and was constantly having rendering crashes and weird random lock-ups/crashes. I have reduced the issues that I was having to be associated with the fact that I am running multiple GPU's and the software is glitchy in that area.

I had reverted back to 16.2.8 and to be honest, have not tried 17 since 17.1. They are up to 17.2.2 now so that is four updates ago which may have fixed a lot of things but when each patch was released I read through each of the associated patch notes and there was never enough listed in the "FIXED" category to warrant another version 17 attempt for me.

Hajimoto

@Hajimoto That's something I found concerning. Thanks for the feedback. Another thing I want to ask is, how do you know when the Humble Bundle is coming? Do you get advance notice?

If you sign up for their promotional announcements, they will email you with all Bundles. Unfortunately, you will need to use your email filter settings to look for certain Vegas related keywords to allow delivery if you do not want all the other unrelated bundle notifications cluttering up your email.