FIREARM DISCHARGE PROHIBITED 😂

2manyAirGunz

Jul 26, 2018
AL
I had passed this area off the side of road -- just off Highway 231-- many times while en route to my favorite boat launch. So, wanting a nice quiet place to test a couple of newly acquired toys and 2 ole faves, I packed up the gear and took off.

After 2+ hours of sheer ecstasy the following "shoot n see'" were produced:
1587828797_3010617405ea4583d5d9ab6.44945360.JPG
Daystate Red Wolf .HP 22 cal pushing FX Hybrid slugs/86 yards ~970 fps at muzzle.

1587828972_2908249375ea458ec024121.49728261.JPG
#2 FX Impact .22 cal pushing JSB 25.4 gr Redisigned (Upper center)

Taipan Vet .25 cal long/JSB 34 gr (left center)

DS Regal .22 cal/JSB Hades 15.89gr (bottom center) All 3 groups done at 50 yards.

~~~~~~~~~

Upon leaving my newly utilized "range", I noticed the signs posted at the entrance: "FIREARM DISCHARGE PROHIBITED"

Smiling to myself, I thought, "Well I'm good".

Yeah lol. Here in Arizona a precharged pneumatic airgun is considered a firearm. There are places i go where it specifically calls it out and they will prosecute accordingly. Can't discharge within a specific distance of a house building etc.

Is that an HOA or municipality type restriction? Isn't Arizona an open carry state? Seems a bit odd to have such a restriction there.

Yeah lol. Here in Arizona a precharged pneumatic airgun is considered a firearm. There are places i go where it specifically calls it out and they will prosecute accordingly. Can't discharge within a specific distance of a house building etc.

Is that an HOA or municipality type restriction? Isn't Arizona an open carry state? Seems a bit odd to have such a restriction there.

No. You cant shoot an airgun of any kind in city limits unless you meet strict requirements. If you have a place like your backyard that is enclosed with at least 8 foot walls and you are an adult lol you can get away with it as they deem it a managed range. This is for places out of the city in the desert etc. There are signs stating no discharging any form of firearms including precharged pneumatic and guns driven by piston or ram jet. Even though Arizona is an open carry state they have some interesting gun laws. I have a ccw and even with that being federally approved I still have issues when I carry concealed. 🤔 well it could also be because my skin is brown 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

While there are restrictions as to airgun use for hunting, I can't find any information regarding any Arizona law that treats airguns as a firearm. If there is I would like to see it.

This site has some very good information for every state and locale, hopefully it is up to date: https://airgunlaws.wordpress.com/

Specifically regarding Arizona it says that "Arizona has no law restricting non-powder guns, no State laws specifically ."

Interesting difference between the experiences of two posters both from the same state. Could it be related to different areas of the state? Interested in that I am considering Arizona and SE Utah for retirement.

Do a search for "Arizona" in the document I linked, it gives you the laws for towns within the state that do have airgun restrictions. https://airgunlaws.wordpress.com/

While there are restrictions as to airgun use for hunting, I can't find any information regarding any Arizona law that treats airguns as a firearm. If there is I would like to see it.

This site has some very good information for every state and locale, hopefully it is up to date: https://airgunlaws.wordpress.com/

Specifically regarding Arizona it says that "Arizona has no law restricting non-powder guns, no State laws specifically ."

I have read that as well. There are different statute's for different locations. When you go to the lower salt they have it on signs all over. Look up where they have the hunting regs in what item is considered a firearm and how far from a building including a house when hunting. I hunt Flagstaff, payson, show low you name it and it all treats pcps as a firearm no matter the caliber . Last year we got stopped whole hunting tree ninjas in payson by game and fish. We were literally a 100 yards inside the distance stated cuz we couldn't see the cabin and game and fish came at us like we were shooting powder burners at the cabin. We had 22 cal pcps. Sorry I will look for it when I don't feel like a pile of zombie poop. Been sick since Monday of this week high fever etc.