• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

finding parts for old BSA springer

I own an old BSA springer I've had for probably close to 30 years. It's in .177 and stills shoots at about 700 psi with very good accuracy.
I would like to rebuild it but have no idea what model it is { no markings} or where to even obtain parts. Serial number is WD01584. Any advice would be most helpful.
Thank you
PXL_20221022_154443035.jpg

No we do not, but if caught with one over 12ftlbs, it is deemed a class 1 firearm and potential for 5 years in the slammer.
There maybe some justifiable counter argument, based on certain pellet types taking over a marginal gun (say 12.3ftlbs or similar) but would require a very understanding officer running on maximum common sense to let you off.
Most shooters keeping their guns in the 11.3-11.5 ftlbs territory unless on FAC.
You need an extremely good reason to be allowed a Firearm cert in the UK….A land owner with a pest problem…A registered pest controller, or a registered Clay shooter with club membership.

Last edited:
Yeah enjoy while you have it…
Having said that Springers tend to run at their best at around 11 ftlbs with a new trend now of deliberately setting up springers at 10.8 ftlbs. Of course if PCP, you can reap the benefits. There was some hog wash regarding pellets going unstable much above 900 fps but has since been disproved and you can always use heavier slugs if this were a problem.