Finding air

I agree with you NMshooter. I bought a very good compressor. And it was a pretty serious compressor. But I have never looked back. I can fill my small tanks for even my shark tank in minutes. I never even THINK about it if I have to purge a gun and throw away all that air :) My compressor is about 2 years old and I think it has maybe 5-6 hours of run time on it. At this rate, when I finally do get ready to sell it, I should have a relatively "new" compressor. Should be able to get a reasonable return. 

Jonny79504, let us know if you find something in your area. I'm sure there are others that are looking for the same info and just haven't thought to ask.

Crusher

most volunteer FD's don't fill their own bottles. the compressors, filters and of course the use big tanks to cascade their fill process. Most have them filled by the big city FD. 
​but the local VFD's are an excellent source of old tanks if you have your own compressor. The free tanks (I get them free) easily offset the price of my 
AV compressor. 

good suggestion on this link!. I just ordered one from your link. They have a boat load of them, just like it on EBAY. I have been a diver for years but rent tanks on vacation. Having to wait around at a dive shop to get your tank filled is way too much time in most cases and expense. This little compressor is the ticket unless your are filling a dozen rifles at a time.