HW/Weihrauch Finally used my long neglected 97 today.

Broke out and shot my 97 for the first time since I moved in July. Probably in more like a year. The 97 isn't my favorite platform and I've often thought of selling it. Well until I shoot it. Then the thought disappears.
Here's my 97 with today's page of 25 yard targets. The first row is my R1 with some cheap pellets. The rest are my 97 with JSB 8.44 & H&N 8.64. The last two are RWS MK 8.2.

For a size reference the dots are exactly the same size as a dime. Most groups are five shot. There's a couple of ten shot groups.

20230912_151322.jpg

20230912_151144.jpg

Last edited:
Broke out and shot my 97 for the first time since I moved in July. Probably in more like a year. The 97 isn't my favorite platform and I've often thought of selling it. Well until I shoot it. Then the thought disappears.
Here's my 97 with today's page of 25 yard targets. The first row is my R1 with some cheap pellets. The rest are my 97 with JSB 8.44 & H&N 8.64. The last two are RWS MK 8.2.

For a size reference the dots are exactly the same size as a dime. Most groups are five shot. There's a couple of ten shot groups.

View attachment 388335

View attachment 388336
Mine is shot less than yours, I’m sure. Thought the same (selling it) quite often. They are shooters but to heavy for my liking.
8E718699-FE37-4B08-8A48-B31E54B5BA31.jpeg

View attachment 388335

View attachment 388336
Good groups. Love that stock.

Mine is shot less than yours, I’m sure. Thought the same (selling it) quite often. They are shooters but to heavy for my liking.View attachment 388357
Have been resisting temptation to ask SC to make a stock for my long barrel because the OEM stock is so fugly. And then you post this! Thanks, BoG. Beautiful.

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling

View attachment 388335

View attachment 388336
You have a thing for laminate I see;)
Nice shooting and Beautiful 97!

Reactions: Mycapt65

View attachment 388335

View attachment 388336

Wow, WHAT AN UGLY RIFLE! You should sell it to me, I will give it a good home😀

Reactions: Mycapt65
Those green laminate stocks from HW look soooo good in person. The first one I saw was in the back of the AOA van at an airgun show, and was unfortunately, NOT for sale....
I almost threw reason out the window earlier this year, and was going to let both of my 97s go

You have heard this before....... until I shot them both again.
I kept this one.
20230925_134123.jpg

A well balanced tune in a 97 gives up nothing when compared to any other springer platform at equivalent power levels. While the TX is arguably a more elegant rifle, Herr Weihrauchs crown jewel is quite simply in another class.