Finally upgrading to a higher end PCP rifle

FX is an okay middle price point rifle that is marketed well and a bit over priced. I would skip for a Daystate if you can....corvette vs ferrari in quality. If you get the FX you will have a lot in common with a lot of shooters here. A lot of people call this FX Nation because this board had more FX users than most, and I don't know exactly why. Anywho, you will have fun either way.

I sure hope Daystate has better quality then Ferrari.

Well I am saying in comparison to a Corvette. I actually think all FX guns are subpar in quality, Impact included. Hence the reason you see so many fix/repair/broken parts on forums and down rifles. Daystate is legit

What FX guns have you owned?

None, nor will I ever. Nor will I ever buy or own a Corvette or Chevy Cobalt. I've shot Impacts and a Dreamline. Not impressed with the quality, and ditto with American cars. I don't need to buy a Cobalt to form an opinion. I've driven one, heck my ex had one, and is not a reliable car. My friends shoot Impacts, and like the Cobalt, they are always in the shop. 

Personally, I have had several great experiences with FX USA customer support. Just remember to smile, and the world smiles back :)

That's been my experience everywhere except FX. I like the gun just fine but purchased machines to make my own parts due to poor customer service which I believe stems from poor management at FX USA. Customer service was not very bad but it was not very good either. I've worked as a gunsmith in the past and tend to modify everything so I might as well make my own parts. I live 200 miles from FX USA yet it's still faster and easier to order and have parts delivered from Europe when I want an OEM part.

If you dont mind buying used, you can pick up a wildcat mk1 right now for about 500-600 bucks. 

I bought one used about 3 months ago for 550$ shipped to my door. 

Its is an awesome little blinker. Quiet, lightweight, accurate and reliable. 

If I would have paid retail (1200$) for it I would not have been disappointed. 

But for 550$ shipped? I dont know how you can refuse that. 

This is gonna be my last air rifle purchase I think?

That's the funniest thing I've read all day! It's OK, I'm sure you can quit at any time. You're not really hooked, you just like them...

Congratulations. Whether you've already ordered the FX or change your mind and go with something else, I'm sure you'll love it and learn from it. 

Seriously though, no one here has bought their last air rifle...

GsT

This is gonna be my last air rifle purchase I think?

That's the funniest thing I've read all day! It's OK, I'm sure you can quit at any time. You're not really hooked, you just like them...

Congratulations. Whether you've already ordered the FX or change your mind and go with something else, I'm sure you'll love it and learn from it. 

GsT

That’s why I put a ? On there. I’ve been saying that for the past couple years. Oh I’m addicted but not heroin attic type addicted though thank God. Or I would be buying a new air gun every week .

GsT

Hey GsT, I bought my last rifle, didn’t borrow it, didn’t steal it or rent or even lease it, bought it with cold hard credit card baby!😜

To OP, the Dreamline classic in .22 is a beast! Only downside is it doesn’t have hammer spring power wheel but easy to adjust after taking off the stock. 

Congratulation on new rifle ,FX builds nice guns same as the Daystate, chevy vs ford, Ferrari don't have a good reputation in sport car world anyway.

Set your expectation little lower and you gonna be happy camper, I was very disappointed with my Impact when I first got it but now is a keeper, not that was something wrong with it just I was expecting something more after reading about it so much.

B

I bought The dream line classic in 22 caliber

Very nice gun - I think that you will enjoy it a lot.

My wife shoots one in the same caliber, black pepper lam stock, and with a Power Plenum installed. It is her larger caliber gun (she also shoots a Wolverine in .177). Both are very accurate and consistent, neither has given us any issues, and both give us much joy!

Only one small problem that was not self inflicted in 12,000 rounds with my Impact so I would give it an A in my book. It's been modified extensively and still shoots like a laser as a long barreled .25, or short barreled .22 or .177 it doesn't seem to care.

FX customer service screwed up on me once but found me on this forum and fixed it eventually so they are OK in my book as well.

Never had a Daystate so can't comment on them.

I just recently moved up from 300$ guns to a 700$ used dreampup. My cheap guns have been very good for the dollar performers. I do feel like the dreamline is a step up in quality. I really enjoy shooting the new to me fx. I think most issues with the fx products are owner induced. They allow so much to be adjusted that people mess em up. I hope you enjoy your dreamline as much as I enjoy mine. Maybe someday I'll afford a daystate but until then I'm happy with all my guns from the cheapest to the newest 750$ gun. They all are great to shoot and for the most part hassle free.

Those sub par FX seem to win most of the major matches. I didn't see the owner of Daystate at the last Rocky Mountain air gun challenge either. The whole group of support and owner of FX was there. They even let me shoot one of the challenges with one of the factory tuned rifles. I guess Daystate was too worried some one would smug that shiny stock. 

The last airgun you buy...that’s unlikely lol! I think you are going to like the FX rifle though. I have a Royal in .177 and it’s awesome. Never had a problem with it yet, it’s four years old and has shot tens of thousands of pellets. The only thing I have done was clean the barrel after accuracy fell off, and the accuracy came right back. Very accurate guns, but definitely not as well made as a Theoben or a Raw. My Theoben is built like a tank, and really solid compared to my Royal. Enjoy your new gun!