• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Finally upgrading to a higher end PCP rifle

FX is an okay middle price point rifle that is marketed well and a bit over priced. I would skip for a Daystate if you can....corvette vs ferrari in quality. If you get the FX you will have a lot in common with a lot of shooters here. A lot of people call this FX Nation because this board had more FX users than most, and I don't know exactly why. Anywho, you will have fun either way.

Great way to rain on the Guy's excitement! Very low class. 

While extolling the superiors virtues of Daystate, he did'nt mention all the issue with the Red Wolf' that were delivered with broken stocks and Daystate refusing to make it right!

Nor did he mention that to get top accuracy from the air Wolf and Red Wolfs, you have to single load as their mag's although high tech, are a total flop. and how about all the years of accuracy issues due to the transfer port having burs in them which owners finally figured out and either had to remove the barrel and polish them themselves or pay high prices to have tuners do it. If they has actually manufactured their wears, they would have caught it immediately. Even testing would have found the issue. But no, assemble and ship. Might work, might not. We won't even go into the claim that the new mono block,(something they refused to do for years), Was made of Titanium when in truth it was 7057 alu. And the list goes on.

Daystate Does Not make air guns. The design them, and have vendors make the parts and Daystate only assemble them. No manufacturing facility at all. 

FX on the other hand has one of if not the most modern manufacturing facilities in the AG World. With continuous innovation on an ogling basis. 

Knife

I didn't see the owner of Daystate at the last Rocky Mountain air gun challenge either. The whole group of support and owner of FX was there.

True, I was there in RMAC 2019 and saw the entire FX entourage, including the manufacturers. But I also saw the same thing for Daystate at EBR 2019, and the FX entourage wasn't. Six of one, half dozen of the other.... Also FYI, FX was the big winner at RMAC and Daystate at EBR...

I didn't see the owner of Daystate at the last Rocky Mountain air gun challenge either. The whole group of support and owner of FX was there.

True, I was there in RMAC 2019 and saw the entire FX entourage, including the manufacturers. But I also saw the same thing for Daystate at EBR 2019, and the FX entourage wasn't. Six of one, half dozen of the other.... Also FYI, FX was the big winner at RMAC and Daystate at EBR...

IMO badmouthing either is short sighted.

Those sub par FX seem to win most of the major matches. I didn't see the owner of Daystate at the last Rocky Mountain air gun challenge either. The whole group of support and owner of FX was there. They even let me shoot one of the challenges with one of the factory tuned rifles. I guess Daystate was too worried some one would smug that shiny stock.

There are heavily sponsored events. FX & AOA parted ways, so FX is probably putting all their chips down at RMAC. Daystate you will probably find at EBR. If you look at the European competitions the landscape looks very differently, and you may see a lot of RAW rifles and BSA Lone Star ahead of FX. Benchrest competition in particular is a unique category and you see the hand-build Thomas Rifles.

While extolling the superiors virtues of Daystate, he did'nt mention all the issue with the Red Wolf' that were delivered with broken stocks and Daystate refusing to make it right!

Nor did he mention that to get top accuracy from the air Wolf and Red Wolfs, you have to single load as their mag's although high tech, are a total flop. and how about all the years of accuracy issues due to the transfer port having burs in them which owners finally figured out and either had to remove the barrel and polish them themselves or pay high prices to have tuners do it. If they has actually manufactured their wears, they would have caught it immediately. Even testing would have found the issue. But no, assemble and ship. Might work, might not. We won't even go into the claim that the new mono block,(something they refused to do for years), Was made of Titanium when in truth it was 7057 alu. And the list goes on.

Daystate Does Not make air guns. The design them, and have vendors make the parts and Daystate only assemble them. No manufacturing facility at all. 

FX on the other hand has one of if not the most modern manufacturing facilities in the AG World. With continuous innovation on an ogling basis. 

Knife

Wise man have spoken! 

the thing left me not wanting to pull the trigger on daystate is they don’t have any presence here in the US. AOA is their dealer and service center and that’s concerning because unlike FX or crosman who have their own technicians dedicated to their guns AOA does everything they sell and to expect them to be as proficient and dedicated to a single brand isn’t realistic. I can see why FX and AOA parted ways and it’s for the better, I called FX and talked to FX technician to help me with my issues and at that price range that level of service is what I expect! 

also to Knife’s point, no one else in AG has ever showcased their manufacturing facility and the people who work there. For all we know daystate parts could be from china, most likely major parts are from eastern block. 

Knife

Wise man have spoken! 

the thing left me not wanting to pull the trigger on daystate is they don’t have any presence here in the US. AOA is their dealer and service center and that’s concerning because unlike FX or crosman who have their own technicians dedicated to their guns AOA does everything they sell and to expect them to be as proficient and dedicated to a single brand isn’t realistic. I can see why FX and AOA parted ways and it’s for the better, I called FX and talked to FX technician to help me with my issues and at that price range that level of service is what I expect! 

also to Knife’s point, no one else in AG has ever showcased their manufacturing facility and the people who work there. For all we know daystate parts could be from china, most likely major parts are from eastern block. 

Don't know if I'm gonna agree with you here. Your claims over support and service regarding FX and Daystate are at conflict with each other as AoA was the FX distributer here in the US and provided ALL of the warranty work for FX airguns, even those not sold by them. IIRC AoA only starting heavily promoting Brocock/Daystate as the FX relationship began to fail. 

It is kinda ironic that there is more hate and bashing between the top tier airguns than there is between the sketchy guns at the other end of the price spectrum. I guess it’s just human nature. All airguns are flawed, from the bottom end guns to the top. When you finally face those facts it comes down to the foundation and what the gun is capable of over the long run. My approach is when I open the box my new gun came in, I have a chip on my shoulder. It must prove to me how good it is. No starry eyed unboxing videos or jumping on a forum to brag after one shooting session. I also don’t have unrealistic expectations that seem to plague this hobby. The top tier airguns are there for a reason, yes they are flawed but they have great potential. It just all depends on your wallet and what you like in a gun.

Reactions: B
@ctsshooter: after FX left AOA and created their own service center which is good for the customer, rumor is AOA wasn’t able to providing the level of service and support FX deem sufficient. Can’t knock AOA too much as it is also servicing many other guns but FX has more than enough service related work to have their own facility since their volume has increased dramatically and no reseller will be able to service that kind of demand at some point regardless. FX probably sell more than 10 times number of guns than when they were with AOA. And with a service center AOA probably wanted exclusive rights to sell FX which was not in FX’s best interest.

It is kinda ironic that there is more hate and bashing between the top tier airguns than there is between the sketchy guns at the other end of the price spectrum. I guess it’s just human nature. All airguns are flawed, from the bottom end guns to the top. When you finally face those facts it comes down to the foundation and what the gun is capable of over the long run. My approach is when I open the box my new gun came in, I have a chip on my shoulder. It must prove to me how good it is. No starry eyed unboxing videos or jumping on a forum to brag after one shooting session. I also don’t have unrealistic expectations that seem to plague this hobby. The top tier airguns are there for a reason, yes they are flawed but they have great potential. It just all depends on your wallet and what you like in a gun.

Just like you said... 👍👍👍

B

https://youtu.be/31MPkJ8gSMg

thanks for posting the videos. I’ve seen the daystate video and to Knife’s point I see shelves of parts and they assemble the guns there. No CNC machines or barrel machines any machines. Not impressed really. 

Although have not seen air force’s factory video and it’s pretty cool. Not as sophisticated or high tech as FX but still cool. AF guns are good and simple hunting guns and would be top of my list if CA let me hunt things bigger than Turkey here.

@ctsshooter: after FX left AOA and created their own service center which is good for the customer, rumor is AOA wasn’t able to providing the level of service and support FX deem sufficient. Can’t knock AOA too much as it is also servicing many other guns but FX has more than enough service related work to have their own facility since their volume has increased dramatically and no reseller will be able to service that kind of demand at some point regardless. FX probably sell more than 10 times number of guns than when they were with AOA. And with a service center AOA probably wanted exclusive rights to sell FX which was not in FX’s best interest.

Whether AoA wasn't providing the level of support that FX wanted, or it was FX taking a hit doing warranty repairs on guns they hadn't even sold. Doesn't matter really to us as the consumer. FX made the right move with opening up a US service center. AoA needed a new brand to promote. 

I just buy the airgun that best meet my needs or wants - wearing a brand badge never mattered to me. 

I want to address your previous post though about Daystate not having in house CNC. IMO that doesn't mean their product is any better or worse than FX. Maybe Daystate outsources to the best machine shops in the UK based on the type of part being made knowing that they themselves could not do it better in house. Maybe they don't want to invest capital in a machine shop. Who knows - but that doesn't make them better or worse than FX. 

Reactions: bandg