Finally upgrading to a higher end PCP rifle

Well after thinking about it for at least a month now I decided to buy me Something better I hope. I pre-ordered a FX dream line. I wanted something that was light And looked like a conventional air rifle. They are supposed to be really accurate too.My most expensive air guns that I own now was $600 minus the scope. And most of my guns were around $300.So I will have close to $1400 in this one counting the scope.I just hope that it meets my expectations.This is gonna be my last air rifle purchase I think?

FX is an okay middle price point rifle that is marketed well and a bit over priced. I would skip for a Daystate if you can....corvette vs ferrari in quality. If you get the FX you will have a lot in common with a lot of shooters here. A lot of people call this FX Nation because this board had more FX users than most, and I don't know exactly why. Anywho, you will have fun either way.

FX is an okay middle price point rifle that is marketed well and a bit over priced. I would skip for a Daystate if you can....corvette vs ferrari in quality. If you get the FX you will have a lot in common with a lot of shooters here. A lot of people call this FX Nation because this board had more FX users than most, and I don't know exactly why. Anywho, you will have fun either way.

I was considering a Daystate huntsman regal and it was like 2 or $300 more but I liked the idea of FX having good customer service right here in the USA. And also I can’t remember exactly what it was but the FX had one feature that I liked better. As long as it’s reliable, that’s all it matters to me.

I liked the idea of FX having good customer service right here in the USA.

I wouldn't call it good, it's more hit and miss. I'm hopeful they will get there one day with new management.

Well from what I’ve understood That it has already has gotten better. I hope I don’t have to use it for a long time though. But I can’t find any information if Daystate Has a USA-based company.I know I have had good results with Crosman customer service But I have heard other people that didn’t have such good experiences with them. One thing I found out many years ago that it depends on exactly who you talk to at these companies When you have issues.

I wouldn't call it good, it's more hit and miss. I'm hopeful they will get there one day with new management.

I’ve had very good customer service experience with FX, granted I only needed couple of orings but they have been more than adequate. In fact I rate FX and Crosman as very good and FX better still because I can always talk to an actual tech to help me with more complex question. The thing I look at is can I get parts quickly and FX delivers in spades. 

personally I don’t own an AA or daystate so can’t speak to their customer service nor parts availability, hopefully actually owners can chime in. Part of the reason I sold my BSA is it’s next to impossible to source parts in the US, I haven’t needed anything but that’s not the point. 

Well from what I’ve understood That it has already has gotten better. I hope I don’t have to use it for a long time though. But I can’t find any information if Daystate Has a USA-based company.I know I have had good results with Crosman customer service But I have heard other people that didn’t have such good experiences with them. One thing I found out many years ago that it depends on exactly who you talk to at these companies When you have issues.

Daystate is distributed and repaired here in the US by Airguns of Arizona. If you keep an eye out you could pick up a used Revere for the $1k mark or less.

I was considering a Daystate huntsman regal and it was like 2 or $300 more but I liked the idea of FX having good customer service right here in the USA. And also I can’t remember exactly what it was but the FX had one feature that I liked better. As long as it’s reliable, that’s all it matters to me.

I think id call the dreamline the low end of a highend company lol. Its like saying i got the cheapest Remington 700.. Well you bought remington cant go wrong there. I like the FX Customer service and in Arizona I have been going to the guys in Scottsdale I haven't tried AOA I heard they're kind of a hit or miss too. I don't like going to Gilbert to much anyway lol. Its like the rich ghetto. Ill just ride up to Scottsdale.. lol

I think id call the dreamline the low end of a highend company lol. Its like saying i got the cheapest Remington 700.. Well you bought remington cant go wrong there. I like the FX Customer service and in Arizona I have been going to the guys in Scottsdale I haven't tried AOA I heard they're kind of a hit or miss too. I don't like going to Gilbert to much anyway lol. Its like the rich ghetto. Ill just ride up to Scottsdale.. lol

That’s funny that you mentioned Remington 700 because I owned one and it was a nice shooting rifle. But before that I actually owned a Remington model 788 which was a cheaper made bold action but it was more accurate. 

I sure hope Daystate has better quality then Ferrari.

Well after thinking about it for at least a month now I decided to buy me Something better I hope. I pre-ordered a FX dream line. I wanted something that was light And looked like a conventional air rifle. They are supposed to be really accurate too.My most expensive air guns that I own now was $600 minus the scope. And most of my guns were around $300.So I will have close to $1400 in this one counting the scope.I just hope that it meets my expectations.This is gonna be my last air rifle purchase I think?

Hi,

Which model did you get and what caliber? Did it come with the power plenum? It is hard not to buy another airgun :)

Hi,

Which model did you get and what caliber? Did it come with the power plenum? It is hard not to buy another airgun :)

I bought The dream line classic in 22 caliber

Well I am saying in comparison to a Corvette. I actually think all FX guns are subpar in quality, Impact included. Hence the reason you see so many fix/repair/broken parts on forums and down rifles. Daystate is legit 

Well I am saying in comparison to a Corvette. I actually think all FX guns are subpar in quality, Impact included. Hence the reason you see so many fix/repair/broken parts on forums and down rifles. Daystate is legit

What FX guns have you owned?

I think you are really going to enjoy your dreamline. They are really nice guns, independent of what scale you use to rate them.

A dreamline is a bit of a lego gun - lots of parts, options, calibers, powers, etc. They are very easy to work on, i had to replace my valve seat, and it was daunting, but ended up being a fairly simple task (once support sent me the correct part). I also started with a "light" and ended up converting to a tactical version. Easy peasy!

Personally, I have had several great experiences with FX USA customer support. Just remember to smile, and the world smiles back :)

I have a .22 FX Royale 400 (My first ever PCP airgun - bought from AoA on 2/22/2017). It has killed a gazillion squirrels that were chewing up the plastic of my bird feeders. It has never has given me a lick of trouble, either. A little while ago I picked up two Daystates from Baker Airguns - a regular powered .22 Wolverine R and then a High Power Wolverine R in .25 caliber (my first .25 cal). I haven't had the Daystates long enough to compare them to the FX Royale, though. The Royale has always been a tack driver.

Currently, I'm waiting for some high-profile scope rings for the Daystate .25. I discovered that medium rings were a tad too low for the Daystate .25. The .25 Daystate's mag slipped in, but was touching scope and wouldn't work – I had to back the mag out before it would cycle the next pellet. When I loosened the 8 bolts clamping the scope into the rings (the scope is a Hawke 4-12×40 AO) the Wolverine's .25 mag cycled perfectly. Go figure, the .22 Wolverine cycles flawlessly with the same rings, but it does have a Hawke 3-9×40 AO scope on it.

I did some chronying.

.22 cal FX Royale 400 - With the 21.3 gr H & N Sport Baracuda Match pellets, the Royale, with the power wheel set at max regulator power, gave me an average velocity of 834.5 fps and that yielded 32.94 ft-lbs of energy at the muzzle. At medium power, shooting the same pellets, the Royal gave me an average of 627 fps and that yielded 18.60 ft-lbs of energy at the muzzle. I keep it on max power.

.22 cal Daystate Wolverine R - With the 21.3 gr H & N Sport Baracuda Match pellets, the ,22 Wolverine, gave me an average of 785.3 fps and that yielded 29.17 ft-lbs of energy at the muzzle. There is no power wheel on this gun.

.25 cal Daystate Wolverine HP R - With H & N Baracuda Hunter Extreme, 28.24 gr pellets (actually the average weight of the 10 I shot was 27.9 gr, not 28.24 gr). The ,25 Wolverine, gave me an average speed of 878.8 fps and that yielded 47.86 ft-lbs of energy at the muzzle. There is no power wheel on this gun, either.