Finally sighted in with the Discovery and a STUPID chipmunk

I put the Baker scope mounts on my rifle and dad's the other day and I got mine mostly sighted in. I went over today and sighted in dad's Sheridan. It's dead on @ 20 yards/8 pumps and 1" low at 20 yards/5 pumps, which is where he wanted it, so he's happy. I finished sighting mine in with 8 pumps @ 20 yards using the Gamo Red Fire pellets.

While I was sighting in my rifle, a very stupid chipmunk kept running back and forth less than 10 feet from me by the shooting table. I actually fired the last 3 shots of a 5 shot group and the farthest he got away was about 15 feet.

Once I fired the 5th shot for the group, I reloaded and looked for him. There he was ,between 10 - 15 feet away, sitting on a low brick wall with a hill behind him as a backstop. The first shot was a very high miss, he didn't flinch and I reloaded. The second shot made hum duck, but he still didn't run away, so I reloaded again. He had been sitting/standing on his back legs and I had aimed at his feet so he had to have felt the breeze of the pellet going by his ears. The third shot, I actually aimed two full inches below his chest. I fired and he flew off the wall. When I went to check, there were two large blood spatters on the cement patio and he was laying there face down, not even twitching. The shot had caught him right in front of his right leg and exited behind his left leg. The redfire had done its job, a 1/4" hole on either side of the rodent with a perfect boiler room shot in between them. All in all a good session.

tn_Discovery scope.1601223169.jpg

tn_Discovery chipper.1601223181.jpg